Power Meters on Pioneer SX X80 series receivers

As a fellow AK earlier in this thread said, most of the times, we won't be using the unit at full power... so I adjusted the meters to track approximately together in the first half of the scale, up to 50W ..... Im happy as they are.... and now that I fixed everything in it's place, i would really have to be pissed off by their lack of precision to be able to dismantle everything again. That board is such a pain to get to.

So I thought I would take a more critical eye, and even record some video. I know it represents only one small segment of one song, but let's just say I'm not going to lose any sleep over how they function. Not as bad as what I thought it was.

in reality, if the receiver is operating in stereo mode the issue is hardly visible because we know that in stereo mode, there might be , for example, some more bass in the left, due to some effects or so, and this will balance the lack of even tracking between the meters. It will become more visible if you put a 1kHz tone and vary the volume knob. That's where it got me.. and i couldn't sleep before i managed to find a compromise (sorry, I am a perfectionist lol). What kind of speakers are you running? they seem that they can offer some good punch. i have the Yamaha 690 II and though the mids and highs are brilliant, they really lack the bass you would expect from a 12 inch woofer (especially when you compare them to some JBL L100 or some Marantz HD 77) ... nice video mate!

Thanks, cbusuttil! The sound is being pumped out by a pair of ADS L1290/2’s.

When they crank, it’s like getting hit in the chest with a bat. :rockon:

- Jeff

Back
Top Bottom