Power Switch Supressor - 2245 & 2270

Osibisa

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Quick question, does anyone have the current Digi-Key or Mouser part number for this replacement part?

Experiencing some 2245 arcing on power-up and would like to correct. Thx

Perfect, thank you.
The issue did not occur before I replaced the filter capacitors, so that must have been the culprit.
Guess this wears out too.

Last edited:
Perfect, thank you.
The issue did not occur before I replaced the filter capacitors, so that must have been the culprit.
Guess this wears out too.

Did you increase the value of the filter caps? I've got the same problem with my 2325 and it never happened in thirty years before I re-capped. Went from 15K to 18K on the filters.

Yes I did. Particular model is an early 2245 with 4 caps (2x 1000uf & 2x 6800uf), put in two 10,000uf caps which is the recommended replacement.

Now you have me wondering if the part runningdog provided will compensate for the increased capacitance.

Finally had a chance to pull the bottom cover off the 2245 and found there was no suppression cap installed by the factory (either on switch or receptacle).
Placing parts order tomorrow.

Wurlyman, would be curious to know how/if you resolve your issue.

Finally had a chance to pull the bottom cover off the 2245 and found there was no suppression cap installed by the factory (either on switch or receptacle).
Placing parts order tomorrow.

Wurlyman, would be curious to know how/if you resolve your issue.

Until I get the ambition to tear it apart again, I'm turning it on and off with the switch on the power strip it's plugged in to. I first turn the volume down and shut off the speaker switch.

Installed suppressor runningdog recommended, problem resolved.
If anyone else need to do this be sure to note proper orientation per graphic on device.

Installed suppressor runningdog recommended, problem resolved.
If anyone else need to do this be sure to note proper orientation per graphic on device.

Here is a photo of the 104M06QC150 CDE/Quencharc snubber, showing the orientation:
104M06QC150.jpg

Back
Top Bottom