Powering on/off with conditioner?

Searing75

Is there any reason why I shouldn't just keep my C32 and MC2105 in their respective on positions, and use my power conditioner to switch the power to them on and off? Thank you.

This would of course save wear and tear on the Power switches/knobs but wouldn't it also bypass the built-in protective inrush circuitry? Or is the sudden incoming current still slowed regardless if the power switch is left on?

Hey
I'm definitely interested in this. Going to clear off the rats nest that I call a stereo shelf and run all power thru a conditioner.
It should make start up simpler. Eric

I ran my rig like that for years with no problems. Hit one switch and the pre comes on first followed by the amp with a 5 second delay. Shutting it down reverses the order just like it's supposed to with the power amp off first. Sometimes after a long day or night it's easy to forget the shutdown order and turn the pre off first. It's nice to have the conditioner doing the thinking for those times.

I have the McIntosh PC-3. I don't think that it's a power conditioner though. It just uses the 5 to 12 Volt control line from my preamp to turn on all the other components in an ordered manner. Even though it uses mechanical relays, it seems to still be working perfectly after all these years.

I've been using the APC H-15 since it came out. I have large voltage fluctuations where I live and it corrects the voltage. It turns things on & off in sequence which is really handy.

Back
Top Bottom