Prayer request, if you're so inclined.

Sending up flares as we speak... 26 years is way too short of time to be on this Earth.

Praying for a positive update...

First, I must correct a mental slip I had when typing my original post. I was reading Brian Mims Facebook page and referred to his brother Casey as a Mims. Casey was born to my cousins second husband and his surname is Huggins. Please forgive me for that.

We have been getting mixed and sporadic information, being several states away. My cousin is very distrought, but we did manage to get in touch with my aunt.
It would seem that Casey has been struggling with addiction to prescription meds. I don't know much more than that, or if any illicit drugs were a contributing factor.

As I am typing this post, my aunt just called back to tell us tests confirm that Casey is brain dead. Arrangements are being made to donate his organs.

Casey, Linda, and Brian

IMG_0181.JPG

Man, I'm deeply saddened to hear this. Continued prayers for you and the family.

I was doing ok until the update, then the waterworks hit. Addictions to drugs cause so much grief nowadays. Thoughts and Prayers go out to the family during this most stressful time.

From Casey's sister Allison (right)

IMG_0184.JPG

"Thank you for your prayers. They were greatly felt. I appreciate you all! My brothers MRI came back... he has extensive brain damage. We will be taking him off life support soon and he will be tested to donate his organs. He will live on by saving others. Casey will no longer suffer from the anguish that drug addiction causes and, for that, I am grateful. Thank you again for praying for my family. I love you!"

And from Brian;

"Thank you everyone who sent prayers, thoughts and encouragement for my brother, Casey. The response was overwhelming, and I appreciate that. I'm sorry to say that we have lost my little brother. He is suffering no more.

I remember him as a cute, tow-headed boy who always asked me to play cars with him. Goodness, he was an adorable little boy. When he was four, I took him to see Pocahontas. Big brother and little brother at the movies together. He loved it, as did I.

I even wrote a column about him when I worked for a newspaper in high school: how innocent he was and how much joy he brought to our family back then. If I find it, I'll post it. What I wouldn't give to turn back the clock 20 years .......

Lord knows, I wish we could have done more to get him off the destructive path of drugs. Addiction destroys lives, I tell you. Destroys them. But he's no longer in pain and no longer feels hopeless. He's in peace. And he's brought my family together in a powerful way.

Please continue to pray especially for my mother. She's taking this extremely hard. Thank you."

It would seem as the geographic distance between family members increase, we tend to only see one another at weddings and funerals. I saw my cousins at a wedding a couple of years ago. This is not the funeral I would have ever imagined.

Thank you one and all for your prayers and words of support and comfort.

Very nice family, and I'm so sorry this destruction has entered their life. The sad thing is, and I might be wrong, Casey looks to be the baby of the family, someone no one ever figures will be gone first. I will pray now for the young soul and the the family to come though this together and much stronger.

Very nice family, and I'm so sorry this destruction has entered their life. The sad thing is, and I might be wrong, Casey looks to be the baby of the family, someone no one ever figures will be gone first. I will pray now for the young soul and the the family to come though this together and much stronger.

You are correct, Dan. He is the youngest of five siblings.

Thanks to you, and all, for the prayers and sympathies.

I have talked with my own children both recently and in the past about addictive drugs. I have asked them if they knew anyone who used heroin and they told me they do.
It is rampant. My children are out of high school a couple of years now and several of their classmates have succumb to overdose. I recently spoke with an Allentown police detective who told me that the problem they are seeing is that the heroin is actually too pure. It is cheap and it is lethally powerful, and it is everywhere.
I honestly don't know what Casey was into,exactly, at this time. But the point about heroin must be made. It is killing our kids.

Please DrumminDaddy keep on sharing this tragedy with us. I am sure that this will give you some relief by feeling that our community is ready to share your emotional pain with you.

Thanks, Chris. I feel horrible on behalf of my cousin at the loss of a child. I can't imagine her grief. She has already been having other issues and this is a weight I can't imagine. In the larger picture, I'm not feeling distraught. I'm feeling angry. Angry because this didn't have to happen. I can accept death. But this is senseless.

It has now come to light that investigators have surveillance footage determining he lay there for 50 minutes before being helped. Again, I have only sketchy details. I had a sinking feeling when I heard this as well. It is my fear that he may have possibly been overlooked by passers by. I am only speculating, because I don't have all the facts. But I posted this some time ago, and I would hate to learn that he might have been saved, but not helped.

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/the-diffusion-of-responsibility-god-forbid.680423/

I join the others in prayer for Casey, his entire family and his friends. I will also offer up additional prayers for all those affected by addiction.

Back
Top Bottom