Prayers for the Vegas shooting victims.

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by BigElCat, Oct 2, 2017.

1. BigElCat

BigElCat AK Subscriber Subscriber

2. savatage1973

savatage1973 Super Member

Very scary indeed. Thoughts and prayers to all affected. As of right now, more than 50 reported dead and over 200 injured.

3. BigElCat

Praise to the Las Vegas cops who engaged the machine gunner.

They went right for him.

I do believe he used a belt fed M60. Total sickness.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
  4. HarmanKardon

HarmanKardon Tubes still smell funny Subscriber

My heart is in Las Vegas. My heart feels so close to the families and friends of the victims. God bless the countless people in grief.

savatage1973 likes this.
  5. zebra03

zebra03 All Audio - NO BS

My cousin left Vegas yesterday . whew . From the video I have seen , it was horrible .

6. BigElCat

7. 7.62

7.62 Gearhead Subscriber

It’s a surreal way to wake up.

Fing POS :crazy::thumbsdown:.

Our prayers for all the families.........dammit.

Just finished roll call, Thank God. All of my kids work on the strip. My oldest boy is somewhat of a shitkicker, that was a longest 15 minutes I’ve had in awhile.

BigElCat likes this.
  8. faber12

faber12 AK Subscriber Subscriber

People are capable of terrible things.

God help us all.

9. John James

John James "Bob's your uncle" (Stolen)

He was 32 stories up in a hotel window. It is doubtful that armed concert goers would have made any difference.

RamblinE, datafone, chicks and 2 others like this.
  10. faber12

faber12 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Sorry, the link did give me details. His behavior was inexcusable, I just wish more law-abiding citizens were able to defend themselves.

danrclem, John James and savatage1973 like this.
  11. luke85

luke85 Active Member

50 dead so far & the death toll is expected to rise , its being called the deadliest mass shooting in us history , so do u think this incident will cause the goverment to look over the gun laws or will they just bury there heads in the sand as usual ?

datafone likes this.
  12. Hyperion

Hyperion Roobarb & Custard Subscriber

Careful @luke85 - you are straying into political territory, which is not allowed. ;)

13. gslikker

gslikker Super Member

A previous poster did also, which might be overlooked, It just different opinions.

Now, lets hope the amount of hurt people does not rise, more...

14. HyKlas

HyKlas AK Subscriber Subscriber

Horrible shit... The Mrs got a text last night asking if we were okay. The two of us had tickets but sold them last minute to attend a family function instead... Very thankful we made that decision.

Thoughts go out to everyone involved!

tonyk and eiraved like this.
  15. botrytis

botrytis Trying not to be a Small Speaker Hoarder Subscriber

People blood donations are needed. Just an FYI.

captouch likes this.
  16. Dave_1962

Dave_1962 Lunatic Member

Thoughts and prayers going out to all those affected by this tragic event.

17. c.coyle

c.coyle Fighting the Dunning-Kruger Effect Subscriber

The victims are likely to be from across the USA and overseas. This will affect hundreds, maybe thousands, of relatives and loved ones far, far from Las Vegas.

If you have any belief in any sort of higher power, pray. For now, just pray.

There will be time for analysis and reflection later.

HarmanKardon likes this.
  18. ETLS

ETLS metacarpophalangealcranium Subscriber

My condolences to those families who lost loved ones, prayers for the wounded.

Bucky Badger likes this.
  19. datafone

datafone Super Member

(deleted part, venturing into no mans land)

I was shocked of this shooting, the numbers of victims is horrific and I feel so sorry for those victims and their families and friends. I hope those in critical situations pull through, all of them.

So saddening when these things happen.

John James likes this.
  20. Wildcat

Wildcat "Boat Wake", 1966 (Pete Turner, R.I.P.) Subscriber

We are staying in the back side of the Club Tower at the Tropicana, 10th floor, which faces the venue. We'd heard the music blaring for two nights, as it was quite loud. Wasn't sure what the popping as but it sounded like machine gun fire. The music died off about 30 seconds into the gunfire and heard a lot of yelling and screaming, and saw people running out of the venue. For the next hour and a half, constant sirens. At one point there were several ambulances stacked up, and I counted another fifteen show up within a three minute stretch.

LVPD had said they figured it was a lone shooter, but they still had two helicopters and several squad cars with searchlights going around the nearby streets for over an hour. I-15 was closed. Squad cars as far as I could see down South Las Vegas Blvd (down to Russell St., where the famous "Welcome" sign is located), and moving or parked at every other road around here. The airport was temporarily closed for maybe three hours (we face the airport). All hotels and is were on lockdown. Still might be, as I haven't been to the lobby yet. Some roads are still closed off around the Trop.

We had just gotten back to the room about 10 minutes before it happened, having just come from New York, New York across the street. Good thing my better half way tired from all of the walking or we would have gotten caught in the mayhem. I still think it sounded like there were two shooters, but now I wonder if I was heading some sort of echo from other buildings. I thought maybe the noise was a sound effect the band was using (perhaps some sort of war/veteran song). But the commotion soon after proved that wrong.

We're ready to bail. We'd wanted to stay a little longer after checkout today but I don't even want to be here now.

John James likes this.