Prayers for the Vegas shooting victims.

In most cases, the victims of events like this are just random ordinary folk going about their lives who end serving as some anonymous target symbol of someone's something cause.
However, in this case, I think it was just someone with the opportunity, the means, and nothing inside him to say no. Tragically for the rest of us, there are sociopathic people like that who act on no reason whatsoever, and we may never know the reason.

Thanks for posting that.

What a terrible loss of great people and beautiful people.

Example: Jack Beaton was killed while laying on his wife to save her life.

Terrible and tragic day in our history.
That's where my tear glands gave way.

I can't begin to imagine the level of sorrow family and friends are going through right now.

A sick mind is a dangerous thing . It is not about guns one man killed more people with a gallon of gasoline .All we get from our government is a false sense of security . We have to be aware of our surroundings and own well being . This act was senseless and left pain and sorrow for many . My heart goes out to them

Man,

It’s a hell of way to wake up and turn on the tv to a find missing loved ones phone number on the screen. Stories of loved ones lost. It’s really hard to deal with. So many good people affected by this tradedgy.

I love this place, it’s been home for almost 40 years.

What’s amazing is the outpouring of our community, the love and caring are undeniable and show that we are strong in our resolve against evil.

To all, your losses our our losses.

My heart and prayers to all.

A BIG shout out to all the people in Las Vegas and the State of Nevada. My niece was took a bullet in the tragedy and the State, town and people have been amazing.
Make America great Again? It never stopped, it's the great people that make it great!!!! Thank-you all!!!!

I am in Tucson now. Got back to the hotel after dinner last night and there was loud music (from some sort of outdoor concert or event) playing in the distance. I can't help but be somewhat apprehensive--there is no reason it should make me uneasy, but it does.

I am in Tucson now. Got back to the hotel after dinner last night and there was loud music (from some sort of outdoor concert or event) playing in the distance. I can't help but be somewhat apprehensive--there is no reason it should make me uneasy, but it does.
This is the sea in which we swim, it's unlikely to change, and the only respite is to avoid dwelling on the possibilities.

This is the sea in which we swim, it's unlikely to change, and the only respite is to avoid dwelling on the possibilities.

How true and it's likely to get worse before it gets better. I doubt if we'll ever be told all the facts of this senseless shooting.

How true and it's likely to get worse before it gets better. I doubt if we'll ever be told all the facts of this senseless shooting.
That's exactly it--nobody knows this guy's motive. Nobody. Yet there are all sorts of conjectures out there that even throw politics into it. I mean, seriously? We don't even know if it was a hate crime, or the work of a closet psychopath, or revenge (for who knows what), or trying to outdo his father (who was a notorious bank robber)...it just gets sickening how the media and the half-baked theories are all being blasted at us now 24/7 as though they have The Answer. The only thing we pretty much know for sure is that it was premeditated. Why? We'll never know.

It's a case of having to put it behind us and move on, staying cautious and alert while also not letting it control us. My better half has had three or four friends/family begging her to come home, like, catch the next flight out. But, for what? This crime could have happened anywhere. And the crime has already happened. What is coming home early going to solve? She works in a not very good area on the border of Detroit--it certainly has more risk than anything else we've encountered on this trip. (Unless, of course, we had been at that festival, or out on the walkways during the shooting, as opposed to witnessing it from a hotel room.)

Mind that more than five hundred people were shot, some multiple hits, in a few minuits with over fifty fatalities using high capacity rapid fire military class weaponry retrofitted for automatic fire with these quasi-legal aftermarket fittings.

That implies that someone knows all the facts and that they will be kept from the public.
If it is an ongoing investigation, I can understand that. Even during and just after the shooting, the LVPD was asking on Twitter that nobody start giving away locations of their squad cars and officers, for tactical reasons. (Although the sheer volume of flashing lights from our view at the Trop would kind of make it impossible to pinpoint any single unit--it seemed as though they were everywhere!)

It's kind of like the military, and what happens both here and abroad. A buddy of mine is retired from the Navy (a Combat Camera unit), and he told me many years ago that what we hear or read in the news is only a tiny portion of what really is happening out there. And it has to be kept quiet. "Everyone" is listening. Literally.

I still thought I heard two sets of automatic shots going off, one more distant than the other, but given how large buildings are on the Strip, it could have been echo. I really can't say for sure, even now.

Back
Top Bottom