Prayers for the Vegas shooting victims.

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by BigElCat, Oct 2, 2017.

1. bigx5murf

bigx5murf Active Member

2. Pio1980

Pio1980 AK Member Subscriber

Mind that more than five hundred people were shot, some multiple hits, in a few minuits with over fifty fatalities using high capacity rapid fire military class weaponry retrofitted for automatic fire with these quasi-legal aftermarket fittings.

3. c.coyle

c.coyle Fighting the Dunning-Kruger Effect Subscriber

That implies that someone knows all the facts and that they will be kept from the public.

ETLS and Tom Brennan like this.
  4. Wildcat

Wildcat "Boat Wake", 1966 (Pete Turner, R.I.P.) Subscriber

If it is an ongoing investigation, I can understand that. Even during and just after the shooting, the LVPD was asking on Twitter that nobody start giving away locations of their squad cars and officers, for tactical reasons. (Although the sheer volume of flashing lights from our view at the Trop would kind of make it impossible to pinpoint any single unit--it seemed as though they were everywhere!)

It's kind of like the military, and what happens both here and abroad. A buddy of mine is retired from the Navy (a Combat Camera unit), and he told me many years ago that what we hear or read in the news is only a tiny portion of what really is happening out there. And it has to be kept quiet. "Everyone" is listening. Literally.

I still thought I heard two sets of automatic shots going off, one more distant than the other, but given how large buildings are on the Strip, it could have been echo. I really can't say for sure, even now.