Prayers needed please.

Yes, something to help support her upper torso. It's even tougher doing the transfer from bed to chair and back, as she's not able to offer much assistance of her own.

Today was a good day, she was talkative and gave my hand a good squeeze when I held her hand this morning. Her speech is still difficult, and I haven't mastered the new language. I could tell a bit more animation in the vocal inflections, and Roger was also in better spirits.

@John James, thank you for the link, I showed that to Rog, so he's looking into the options.

It's a whole new round of chaos for him as Jan always took care of the bookkeeping, bill payments, and such. Next week he's scheduled for polyp surgery.

Tomorrow's a new day, no clue what new challenges will present themselves, but it was a welcome sight to see them in better spirits.

As do I. Most everyone has returned to their own lives and homes, it is just myself, and the daughter in-law to lend a hand, and the once weekly visiting HCP.

I believe we've arrived at a point where Rog isn't so overwhelmed by this new reality, and better able to cope with this drastic change. I've gained a lot of respect for a majority of the family, and lost all respect for some of the others. It's such a shame, but in the face of a major life altering crisis, those true colors bleed right through for others to view.

Time for me to have some morning coffee, and go check on them.

Although we're "out in the country", we're still a residential neighborhood. I'm not a fan of neighbors getting drunk, and popping off a few rounds. This happened last night around 7:30. Thankfully Roger and Jan are in the downstairs bedroom.

IMG_20170410_163645.jpg IMG_20170410_163228.jpg IMG_20170410_164342.jpg IMG_20170410_164947.jpg IMG_20170410_164924.jpg

That's an aluminum quarter inch dowel rod I keep out in the shop.

I'm ashamed to say it; but I've been the guy that's done this.

Not just once, but twice. Once in 1989. That last time was August 10, 2010.

I haven't drank any alcohol since then.

I did get in legal trouble. I made amends, and no one was harmed physically.

Grace of God thing.

Last edited:
Really sad that happened to their home, Robert!
Thank God they were not there in harm's way, so do check on what can be done to them for that.

Still praying for all of you!

Rome

The local sheriff did come out, did a cursory look, and that will probably be the last we hear from them. A couple years ago I provided a vehicle description and tag number, but have yet to recover any of the landscape equipment stolen from my place.

I'm glad that nobody was hurt. The bullet penetrated through the other wall, and hit the opposite side of the house's roof. I didn't find an exit hole, so it's somewhere above the ceiling of the downstairs bedroom.

With having the trajectory, it does narrow down point of origin. I'm sure they will put forth some effort and file a report, but highly doubt much more than that will happen.

It's just speculation at this point. There is a group of Richard Craniums running around out here. The road in front of my place is the only way into the back half of the neighborhood.

Not long ago one of the Craniums was aerated by a "rival gang" member. This was just a few hundred feet from the my house, in the "back nine" as I call it. Then there's another who regularly cranks up their car stereo, and leaves it that way until three or four in the morning. The only time cops show up, is after they've popped off 40 or 50 rounds, they don't enforce disturbing the peace or disorderly conduct, and there's no code for noise out here. And then up two doors from that, is the dope house. I mow the property next door to that, and there is no disguising the smell, or the steady stream of traffic in and out. What once was a nice quiet neighborhood, now has some serious cancers, and the powers that be seem to turn a blind eye.

It's sad that even in the face of this latest incident, probably nothing will be done, until an innocent life is lost. What's even sadder is the fact that probably not much will be done after that point either.

This really is a sad state of affairs. You and your neighbors have enough on your plates, and now this. Hard to believe that we live in a land were private property can be violated and law enforcement does nothing.

-Dave

Back
Top Bottom