Prayers needed please.

Burn off a CD of a 20hz square wave for the guy to try in his car. He will probably crank it all the way up trying to hear something, and something has to give.

For the most part, it's a good neighborhood. Roger and Jan bought their place just a month or two before I bought mine. Wasn't very many lots sold then.

It's been a month since her surgery, I wished I could post positive updates on a regular basis. She has more bad days than good.

We've picked up the strap for the scooter, Roger has rented a mobility van so we can get her to Easter services.

My wife passed away about a year ago from cancer ,it was a slow death and something I wish I could forget but it will stay with me until
I die .My heart goes out to this lady and I pray to God for her recovery . Never loose hope. God bless you for all the help you have given them.
When I see someone now who his getting cancer treatments I have to walk away because all those memories of my wife coming rushing back . If you have something to tell her do it now before its to late, death is cold and final.

My wife passed away about a year ago from cancer ,it was a slow death and something I wish I could forget but it will stay with me until
I die .My heart goes out to this lady and I pray to God for her recovery . Never loose hope. God bless you for all the help you have given them.
When I see someone now who his getting cancer treatments I have to walk away because all those memories of my wife coming rushing back . If you have something to tell her do it now before its to late, death is cold and final.

My heart goes out to you for the loss of your wife. It helps to remember the good moments of your lives together. I'll not know the heartache of watching a spouse pass, or them to lose me. I did have the opportunity during Pop's final weeks to give voice to things that should have been aired decades before.

I mentioned today that final week of Pop's hospice, and how I was trying to remember a song from my early childhood. They still had the old console, and all their records. I asked mom if she could remember the song but she didn't. So I started playing records. Mom later went in to check on him, and said he had tears in his eyes. It was the first bit of emotion she had seen in a few weeks. He passed a few days later on April 10th of '95.

I hope they do play her favorite music for her. I'd rather be listening to music than watching TV.

This Sunday all of the family will be down, and heading to the church for Easter services. The wheelchair lift van has already been rented, the porches and deck have been decorated, and somehow through all the severe weather we had early yesterday morning, nothing was displaced. All the Easter eggs are still hanging from the low tree branches, the ribbons and other decorations are still as they were.

A month ago was the surgery, and the prognosis was two months. It has been tough to say the least.

Jan had another mild stroke two nights ago. Today Roger had polyps removed. We're still planning on taking her to Easter services, all the family will be down, and quite a few of the friends will be there as well.

I'm still praying for your neighbors and you and now for maturity, responsibility, wisdom, etc for the ones with the guns. Gosh!

Off to Lowe's today to get started on getting a new roof on the Taj Ma-small, these were waiting out by the construction entrance.

$108.25 for these, the bottom 35 are 12 foot 2x6 and the other 20 are 10 footers. Perfect for the roof framing.

Less than two bucks a stick, yeah I'm not passing that up.

IMG_20170416_123113.jpg

With plenty of family around, I had the chance to get one sorely needed project started. I got all the holes patched on the roof, tarred all the old screws, and got the base laid for the recap. No sense doing the floors with roof leaks.

IMG_20170416_170250.jpg

What material is this roof made of?

A watertight roof is the most important part of a house, I hope that you get repaired that one as soon as possible. I wish I could beam myself to Texas in order to assist you.

Thin molded metal is what the roof is made of. There are five huge pine trees in front. Storms have bombarded it with limbs through the years, some have pierced the skin. The tree roots have also been pushing up on the piers as they've grown. It's been a constant battle with Mother Nature.

I had the home re-leveled, but the particle board subflooring was no match. Add in the ferrel cats have clawed up the underside material that holds in the loose fill insulation, failed polybutylene crimp connections, and five years of renter's ('02-'07) damage, it has plenty of battle scars. As do I.

As long as I don't overdo things and don't try to lift too heavy a load, I'm gaining ground. I'm much obliged by the offer of help.

Hospice and the home health care professional showed up today. Jan's paralyzed leg is changing color, poor circulation. Hospice said we're down to weeks. It's been almost five weeks since the operation. Yesterday was a real treat with the nice weather, all the family around, and the great grandkids having an Easter egg hunt.

Today Roger's oldest son dropped by and gave me a hand framing up the roof. Won't be much longer until the Taj Ma-small becomes the Taj Ma-bigger. Yesterday's score at Lowe's just about does the entire frame for $108.25.

IMG_20170417_175039.jpg

I could have helped you today depending on how far you are from Midland. Would have been better than twiddling my thumbs in the room.

Heck, that's only about a six and a half hour drive. I'd enjoy visiting with you. I have a small stereo setup out in my little building there by my zero-turn mower, was enjoying the classic rock FM station.

My neighbor with the ten acres behind my place stopped by this afternoon. Three years ago, his son hung himself from a tree back behind his shop. I gave him about a third of a gallon of white paint from my plethora of paint cans here, so he could put a fresh coat of paint on the cross he erected back behind the shop. He's still having a hard time dealing with that loss.

Hospice said we're down to weeks.
Robert, I'v done this twice in less than 6 years, for my mother and my oldest sister. While it's very sad there is really nothing we can do to stop the inevitable. All our fighting to, and the world wind to help, save, or just make them feel comfortable kinda is a blessing also. It takes our mind off the day we will never talk again, to see them with life and love in their eyes.

However I would do it over and over for any of my love ones, we gain inner strength all the while our love ones are so appreciative. They are put at easy without fear because they are surrounded by family and friends that will never let them down or see them in pain. While we are guy's and could never give birth, I would liken it to that unconditional love we give to someone for their last days just like a babies first ones entering this world. Maybe it's something primal for us to find inner strength, to be supper man for the very weakest among us, Gods Gift is to Love.

Last edited:
Roger is having a rough time with it, I visited with him briefly this afternoon after the brief showers ran me off the roof. I'll be over at the shop tomorrow to crate a unit for shipping, so I'll have some time to visit with them before I get started. Since the rest of the family has all gone back home with the exception of Richard and Martha, she'll probably enjoy visiting with me for a bit. As the days get shorter, I'll be spending a lot more time making sure the both of them are ok. I have to get by the roofing supply store in town to get a roll of flashing to make my ridge cap from, so I'll check to see if they need anything from the store as well. The church has a list of volunteers that bring dinner each evening for them, which has been a huge blessing.

Back
Top Bottom