Preamp comparison recommendations?

jimf42

Lately I have been thinking of replacing my adcom gfp565 with something more modern. I have been looking at the emotiva pt100 preamp dac tuner. It has a few advantages.. Nice dac and digital outputs for my oppo and Sonos as well as USB out for digitizing vinyl. It also supports mm and mc coil carts in case I decide to try mc.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Just got the pt100. It sounds great with my st70 Only thing I don't love is the remote control and how you go about changing FM stations and scanning. It could have been better thought out I think. But to be honest I pretty much only use FM for listening to npr so I don't have to change the station much.

I noticed an immediate improvement in bass reponse. I don't know if my other peeps were just in disrepair or what, but I was surprised to hear from my pioneer bs22 speakers that I had not ever heard before. I found the was a considerable improvement in center stereo image a well. The speakers, they just seemed to sound more cohesive.

I had been using a Yamaha c70 which had some issues, and then switched to an Onkyo A-5 integrated, using just the preamp section. The Onkyo while great looking was OK sounding, but something about it I was just never quite happy with.

I found the emotiva just sounds very very nice to me. I would recommend for sure, they have a 30 trial period so, definitely worth trying out. I ordered mine on a Sunday and it arrived on a Thursday. I got mine during their holiday sale at 254 shipped. Hard to beat the price, I would say the current 299 is still a very fair price.

Thanks...I think maybe I will try it out...a good alternative to a used Halo p5 or a Rotel 1570...

Just got the pt100. It sounds great with my st70 Only thing I don't love is the remote control and how you go about changing FM stations and scanning. It could have been better thought out I think. But to be honest I pretty much only use FM for listening to npr so I don't have to change the station much.

I noticed an immediate improvement in bass reponse. I don't know if my other peeps were just in disrepair or what, but I was surprised to hear from my pioneer bs22 speakers that I had not ever heard before. I found the was a considerable improvement in center stereo image a well. The speakers, they just seemed to sound more cohesive.

I had been using a Yamaha c70 which had some issues, and then switched to an Onkyo A-5 integrated, using just the preamp section. The Onkyo while great looking was OK sounding, but something about it I was just never quite happy with.

I found the emotiva just sounds very very nice to me. I would recommend for sure, they have a 30 trial period so, definitely worth trying out. I ordered mine on a Sunday and it arrived on a Thursday. I got mine during their holiday sale at 254 shipped. Hard to beat the price, I would say the current 299 is still a very fair price.
Th

Back
Top Bottom