Present your Toshiba and Aurex units

Any owner of a Aurex SC-Λ99 power amp? Or were these made only for the Japanese market?

- 50 watts in Class A
- Dual FET differential input stage
- DC ~ 500kHz
- S/N 128dB
- 66lbs / 30kg
- 550,000 yen in 1981

Front panel reminds some Adcom amps, beautiful to see it anyway...

No sign of schematics of it anywhere...

http://www.niji.or.jp/home/k-nisi/sc-lambda99.html

a.jpg

b.jpg

15n5btg.jpg

sc-lambda99(4).JPG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is also a SY-99 preamp, but no info on when it was released, etc...

http://www.hifido.co.jp/KW/G0102/J/1210-10/C06-25593-63413-00/

A beautiful pair anyway...

--
Very nice amp.

s-l1600.jpg

Got this lovely machine completely restored and have already listed it for sale in the marketplace. A simple two-head deck, but it sounds really good and makes great recordings on these Audio Pro chrome tapes. Very nice deck with an LED peak indicator, a soft-touch transport, cassette face lighting, and beautiful VU meters. It's your basic two-head cassette deck, and it matches the Toshiba 335 and 665 series perfectly. Same width, same VU meter style, same gray accents, same knobs and switches, everything. And look ma, no piano keys! I love this deck and think it's one of the better two-headers I've owned.

Charles.

Here's my near-mint Toshiba SA-750. Sounds better than the near-mint Pioneer SX-750 I had. Just better dynamics, clarity, and control. This Toshiba was obviously modeled after the SX-750, and while it looks very similar to one, I think this receiver is better looking IMHO. This thing has a positively massive transformer in it too. I bought it for $30 from the ungrateful daughter of the original owner. This receiver is literally so clean that there isn't even a speck of dust inside. You could literally eat off the internals of this thing.

Toshiba SA-750-1.1.jpg Toshiba SA-750-3.1.jpg
Toshiba SA-750-4.jpg
Toshiba SA-750-5.jpg Toshiba SA-750-6.jpg

Last edited:
My new near mint aurex SC-335mkii-s, I picked up for a mere 40 dollars free shipping from Canada, hell of a deal! and sounds awesome, rated at 45w a channel and 4-16ohm using two channels, 8-16 driving all four, quite a quiet little unit as well I'm very pleased, from all my research the aurex line is near impossible to find in the states

Attachments

• IMAG1091.jpg
    IMAG1091.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMAG1090.jpg
    IMAG1090.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 20
  • IMAG1092.jpg
    IMAG1092.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMAG1093.jpg
    IMAG1093.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 15
One of my R2R'S is a Toshiba PT-862D from 1973 and it works flawlessly.It's a simple easy load machine and sounds as good as my Pioneer RT-707 ever did.Yes it's not a Pioneer with all the bells & whistles but it does do a very fine job.It's pictured in my Avatar:)

My most recent purchase, an ST-T25 tuner.

Great quality all round (especially in sound, really impressed me!), that big glass front with the green illumination is what got me on it.

It's in the middle of the picture below

IMG_20170106_155050.jpg

its sitting in a room unused
i bought on looks alone,:)
waiting for #1 son to move so i have another room :)

I recently picked up a whole trunk full of gear for what amounted to lunch money. Included was a second generation 335 set of amp, pre and tuner. They use LED's instead of proper meters. Working my way through them, the tuner first. What a surprise ! Thing works really great. Sure, I've got better tuners but this one holds it's own nicely. A lot of evidence of cost cutting measures but performance counts and it delivers. The other pieces work and I'll get to them as time allows.

its sitting in a room unused
i bought on looks alone,:)
waiting for #1 son to move so i have another room :)
Hopefully you'll like them as much as I do mine.Just a so musical speaker that doesn't do one thing right except be the most musical speaker I have owned.

Back
Top Bottom