Presentation 4/12/18 7PM Today "Amp Repair" by Pete Basel - New London CT

Discussion in 'Events & Happenings' started by Pete B, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Pete B

Pete B AK Member Subscriber

I'm giving a talk/ demo on power amp repair at the Spark Maker Space in New London, Connecticut
    USA tonight at 7 PM.
    I expect this to be a very small turnout and it will be very basic for beginners but we will repair
    a Harman Kardon PM650 that is blowing fuses. Seems this is going to be very small as it is not
    even on the calendar, LOL:
    https://www.sparkmakerspace.org/calendar

This PM650 was very dirty when I got it and seemed to come from a smoking environment, I will give
    it away to anyone who shows up, wants it, and agrees to finish recapping it. I will help with the recap
    at the Makerspace if that works well for the person. If more than one person is interested we
    will draw from a hat.

Note that Spark Makerspace is a member, pay by the month shared space, but Thursday nights
    are free and open to the public to increase interest.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    Tooker, I LIKE MUSIC and dlucy like this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Justgotohm

Justgotohm AK Subscriber Subscriber

Man I would be all over that if it was possible, sounds fun. I have a Kinergetic stand alone sub amp blowing a fuse.

3. Pete B

Pete B AK Member Subscriber

We actually had a decent turn out of about 12 people, half were younger and more
    into computers and microcontroller projects but they listened and asked great questions.
    Edit: We had the amp playing by the end of the night.

I'm thinking it would make a lot of sense to give this at the next Frankenfest meet if
    there is interest.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018