PreSonus Inspire 1394 and Audacity troubles

vinyldavid

Collectorius Giganticus
Subscriber
I just got one of these....and when I try to record or playback with Audacity, it gives me an error asking me to check sample rate and device settings. They are all as they should be.

Any ideas?

Are you using the ASIO driver? If so, this could be part of the problem. Double check that it is set up for the proper bit rates and depth. Start with playback first and get it working first. Use an internet radio station or a ripped CD for a source.

Then I'd expect the record to work ok.

How have you got it connected to your PC?

Cheers,

David

Are you using the ASIO driver? If so, this could be part of the problem. Double check that it is set up for the proper bit rates and depth. Start with playback first and get it working first. Use an internet radio station or a ripped CD for a source.

Then I'd expect the record to work ok.

How have you got it connected to your PC?

Cheers,

David

It's a Mac.

I guess that I am usingthe ASIO driver....how would I check?

And I imported an Mp3 and a 88.2kHz 24 bit file. Neither played. I get the same message:
Audacity said:
"Error while opening the sound device. Please check the input device settings and the project sample rate"

Ohhhh, didn't think about the Mac implementation. So, you were able to _make_ a recording but you can't play it back, right? It still sounds like a settings problem....

What about streaming a ripped CD to it? ASIO is a pretty common software interface used to get around the lack of standardization found in Windows. I'm not clear that it is used on Mac systems. I'm not going to be able to help that much on Macintosh platforms.

Also, have you dug around in the Presonus Inspire forums for help? I've been over there with the FireStudio I use here. Make sure you've downloaded the latest updates for the Inspire, too.

Cheers,

David

Ohhhh, didn't think about the Mac implementation. So, you were able to _make_ a recording but you can't play it back, right? It still sounds like a settings problem....

What about streaming a ripped CD to it? ASIO is a pretty common software interface used to get around the lack of standardization found in Windows. I'm not clear that it is used on Mac systems. I'm not going to be able to help that much on Macintosh platforms.

Also, have you dug around in the Presonus Inspire forums for help? I've been over there with the FireStudio I use here. Make sure you've downloaded the latest updates for the Inspire, too.

Cheers,

David

No, I can playback and record just fine with every other recording software that I have _except_Audacity, which is what I use....and what I need to use in the theater.

I'll go have a gander at thsoe forums.. Thanks.

Here are some picx of the problem:

The Error Message:
errormessage.jpg

My Audacity Settings:
settings2.jpg

settings.jpg

The OSX settings:
screen1.jpg

Good pics. A couple of queries and I'll have to back off:

- OSX screen: Why does the Audio Input indicate 4 channels at 24 bit? Are you using all 4? The Audacity screen indicates 2 channels of input.....

- Audacity screen: What happens when you uncheck the "Do not modify audio device settings" box? Seems that this will force you to make sure all settings agree all the time.

Cheers,

David

Back
Top Bottom