Pretty Awesome Miata in CA for $1200!

Hmm, he doesn't give the mileage... must be over 200K I'm thinking. Still wouldn't that be a kick to fly out there, visit my mom in Sunnyvale, and drive that baby back across the country? Of course, then I'd have to face my wife when I got back...
Good things dreams are free!

hakka26 said:
Didn't pass smog check. Any "tinkering" and the State makes you spend until fixed or junked.

Exactly. That's why it's a great deal for anyone not in CA! I'd like to have it myself! It would pass Colorado emmissions in a flash.

Take care,

Ed

(edit) wow, that was post 1500! I'm a post whore for sure!

Fast_Eddie said:
Exactly. That's why it's a great deal for anyone not in CA! I'd like to have it myself! It would pass Colorado emmissions in a flash.

Take care,

Ed
It depends on why it did not pass. More than likely it was t/pipe emissions
which are actually a joke in Ca.
Knowing these cars well and a Ca smog tech for 24 years I would assume it
would be a contaminated O2 that would not allow closed loop. As simple as it gets with the ECS in MX5's.
Of course the 4 gas printout would tell the whole story.

Carl

bentpencil said:
Wonder if a small block Chevy will fit in one of those. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.........
:whip:

Don't you even think about ruining a perfectly good sports car by turning it into a drag racer. Sacrilege!

Photobitstream said:
:whip:

Don't you even think about ruining a perfectly good sports car by turning it into a drag racer. Sacrilege!
My dad used to say the same thing about turning a Model A into a street rod!

"I take no responsibility for smog when sold"

I see this a lot, but legaly, he cannot abdicate the responsibility in the great commie state of Kalifornia... :nono:

But it's done all the time... :yes:

Photobitstream said:
Your father spoke wisely. :thmbsp:
The day I bought my 1970 Corvette with a 390hp 454, auto, ps,pb,pw,air, tilt-telescopic,, with 50,000 orig. miles, etc. for $5500, he also said I was crazy. Told me I was crazy when I sold it for $25,000, too! Never should have let him drive it. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom