Pretty cool - Pioneer CDJ-700S Professional CD Player

fdejong

Lots of great buttons to play with on this one. Jog dial advances & reverses play. The slider on the right slows and speeds up play.

Reads cd & cdrs faster than any other cd player I've encountered and button response is so quick it makes me realize how slow most cd players are.

Anyone know how this would compare sound quality wise vs. a current high end player from NAD or Cambridge Audio?

IMG_7980.JPG

I would be interested in the sonics as well. I see these and others similar pop up on CL now and again.

Maybe I'll have to be a trailblazer... I have a Cambdrige D340, NAD and higher end Technics I can compare to.

Build quality on this is amazing. The open function on the tray is motorized too.

I'd recommend getting one if you see one for a good price on CL just for the fun of slowing down, reversing and generally manipulating cds :)

Build quality on this is amazing. The open function on the tray is motorized too.

I'd recommend getting one if you see one for a good price on CL just for the fun of slowing down, reversing and generally manipulating cds :)

Top loading, right?

What's considered a good price?

I don't know why, but I am itching to buy a top loading CD player for playing my mini-LP CD.

I used to use these when I DJ'd about 10 years ago. They are RUGGED. Not sure about the sound compared to higher end DAC's because I wasn't into audio quality then but they are definitely cool.

I also use a Pioneer CDJ700s on my 2 channel music system (pioneer SX 636, pioneer PL560, Phase Technology Teatro 7.5VTDs) and also one for my 7.1 home theater. While I haven't A-B-ed it against other CD players, it is indistinguishable from lossless audio files and sounds better than the PL-566 with an Empire A15E cartridge).

Do they have digital outputs? If so, hook it up to the DAC of your choice and just use it as a disc transport.

BillWojo

Back
Top Bottom