Pretty Good iPod Day

ChadHahn

I have a fifth generation 30gb and have been wanting to get an 80gb. However it seems that the prices are always too high (for me) for a 4 year old iPod even if they do have the good DACs.

Yesterday though I was checking out pawn shops and saw a 5.5g 80gb for less than $80. I asked to check it out and when the guy took it over to plug it in I looked down and saw a Roth Music Cocoon MC4 tube iPod dock/amp for $199. The amp was complete and working although the remote and parts (speaker wire, screw driver, white gloves, etc. were missing although it did have the box and at least the bottom part of the styrofoam.). We hooked it up and both the iPod and the amp played great.

The guy said he could do tax on it (meaning he would pay the tax and I'd pay list price) but I asked if since the remote was missing if he'd do $250 for everything. He asked the manager and he said yes immediately, making me wish I'd asked less. When the guy rang everything up he rang it for $250 out the door!

The amp has connections in the back to hook up a component so I think that I'll hook it up to my computer for it's speakers. The screen on the iPod was kind of scratched but using a Cape Cod cloth on it seems to have cleaned it up considerably.

I haven't had a chance to take pictures but here is are photos of the amp from Amazon.

roth-mc4-angle.jpg

roth-mc4-rear.jpg

Chad

Back
Top Bottom