prices going nuts

radioactive

tube gear fanatic
Subscriber
check out this mc30
is this really worth $500.only a yr ago i bought mine for the same price that would put that to shame.i suppose it's good for the sellers but for us buyers its getting nuts.im just glad i have a pr already and just need a mx110 and hopefully the prices on those dont go too crazy before i get one.

This is a good time to sell on ePay. Tax returns are coming in!!!
I am sure we will see a lot of these high dollar auctions in the coming days...

I know what you're talkin about

Check These

I guess the laws of supply and demand are at work. Seems supply has diminished considerably. People owning them now, have generated a considerable demand for them. They are spoken of as "The Best"; therefore making them very sought after. It seems the posobility of finding someone with them (and not knowing exactly what they have) is getting scarce. Which is probably why the prices will continue to go up.

Vintage anything bought from collectors brings usually more than market value. They bank on the strong desire to own classics.

This is a good time to sell on ePay. Tax returns are coming in!!!
I am sure we will see a lot of these high dollar auctions in the coming days...
like the $3700 mc30's with the fisher preamp and tuner that just ended.it might be time too take a look around and sell a few things?
havagr8da,
i really dont have a problem with that auction although i think it'll go for much more .it's the equiptment thats in poor shape that gets me with the prices but then again thats still more than i paid for mine.
chris

I was thinking I would like a 6L6 based McAmp to have a vintage one of each output tube type but not at those prices. :no:
Gotta tip your hat to those with deep pockets.

Carl

I will buy all my audio gear from now on right here. I know that the prices will always be fair.

This is my first "post". I'm an old TV guy whose passion is buying and restoring Predictas & others, especially early color. About a year ago, I traded a kid 4 old tires for two Macintosh 30 amps. I'll soon restore them. What're they worth?? Thanks!

El Predicta

hi el predicta,
first off welcome to ak
thats a heck of a deal on a pr of mc30s.depending on condition prices vary quite a bit on them anywhere from $400 each to over $2000 for a pair in pristine condition restored.prices have been going nuts lately on them(just check ebay)but they are a excellent amp once fixed up and restored.if you need a copy of the sams photofact let me know and ill email it to you.
also theres a number of collectors of old tv's on this forum just check out the other discussion forums if you want to discuss old tv's just jump in and start posting.once again welcome.
chris

I wonder if the continuing decline in the value of the U.S. dollar is now driving up the prices of used equipment? The Mac stuff on Ebay sells worldwide, after all.

high Mc prices

The cost of Tube Macs has gotten so high that I'm just gonna wait
for some old dudes to kick off and hope to get a steal from their clueless
wives. :thmbsp:

We have seen the number of these vintage tube amps decline slightly over the years, at least the units in excellent condition. So as the number of people grows that wants these excellent condition units and the supply gets lower, price increases. But I always hope to find that little old lady having a yard sale with $10.00 on an MC275! Maybe that would happen if I actually went to a yard sale once in a while!

Back
Top Bottom