Pricing on original a/d/s/ speaker stands

thedelihaus

Nocturnal transmissions
A friend of mine has some a/d/s/ speaker stands he'd like to sell.

And an AKer is interested as well as another non-AK party, who was looking at some a/d/s/ I had up for sale.

So, I'm looking for what one would consider a fair price to an AKer, who'll get first option, and a fair price for the general public, if the AK member isn't interested.

I also want my friend to get a fair price for them.

Measurements- 14" wide, 11 1/2" deep and 9 1/4" high (Front)/ 8 1/4" high (Rear), with a rear lip measuring 2" high and 14" wide.

They are constructed out of aluminum square tubing with a flat black krinkle finish.

I believe these are the a/d/s/ "F8" or "F800" optional stands, and my guess is they should fit several models, in the L6xx/L7xx/L8xx series, and possibly others, maybe some in the 9xx series?

Picture004Medium.jpg

Picture002Medium.jpg

TDH, I paid $40 for mine. My guess is $60 on the low end and $100 high end....if they were in excellent condition. Those are the F800 stands and are too wide for L520/710 and maybe 780 etc. speakers. Those will fit L620/810 and probably 880/980 and I'm sure some others. I think they are made out of steel and not aluminum. From my perspective they are not worth much as speaker stands by themselves but are more valuable to ADS speaker owners. Make sure you keep those rare birds in the AK family. :thmbsp:

Thanks for the info.

Indeed better for an a/d/s/ collector, or owner. The AKer interested in them is an a/d/s/ owner, but he has the 710s, so looks like a no-match.

I hate to complicate matters... but I'll give him whatever he wants for them.

I've been looking for those for months now.

I had those stands when I bought my 810s new in '80. They charged me $60 for the pair, which I thought was ridiculous, but they really put the speaks in the right position.

Someone good with wood should be able to duplicate the dimensions.

As well as making them look better (and bigger) they make 'em sound better...

I had those stands when I bought my 810s new in '80. They charged me $60 for the pair, which I thought was ridiculous, but they really put the speaks in the right position.

Someone good with wood should be able to duplicate the dimensions.

As well as making them look better (and bigger) they make 'em sound better...

You got a bargain - they listed at $33.00 each, so you saved $6.00! :D

Hey fellas- just to respect the AK rules- pm me if interested, and no mention of buy/sell here, if you don't mind. Muchas gracias.:thmbsp:

It wasn't my intention to sell 'em to other than the original AKer who asked me about 'em a bit back, but can't use them due to size issues.

Back
Top Bottom