PrimaLuna DiaLogue Three preamplifier

davidro

Lunatic Member
Having adopted some horn system last night, I've started powering them with a couple of TPA3116s and a 300B, fed by a tubed-pre signal from a modded Audio Experience Harmonies line-stage.

Before I got the horns, I was considering x3 6em7 based tube-power to drive the horns. However, having brought the horns last night, I've realised I'd prefer the convenience and small-footprint offered by the chip amps. As long as there's a quality tubed pre, I realised the SQ was very tube-like anyway.

The Audio Experience was borrowed from a kind local audiophile with an option to buy. But I really wanted a remote control. And since I will have no tube power, I wanted exposed tubes on my pre for aesthetic concerns.

Then this morning there appeared a PrimaLuna DiaLogue Three in another state. I pulled the trigger. It had everything I wanted - exposed tubes, great look, rave reviews, a remote control - except for a remote-controlled power switch on/off.

I was also encouraged that the following review of Art D:

More to the point, I was struck by how big it sounded—and not just big, but huge. One of the things I love best about my reference Shindo Masseto preamp is its sense of scale, and how well it succeeds at making things sound big when they ought to; the PrimaLuna DiaLogue Three was cut from the same cloth, with generous width and height, particularly with symphonic music.

TAS also described that 'it may make many recordings sound better than they should'. I liked that. Not so audiophile eh?

So it should arrive sometime late next week or the week following.

Let's see how I like it!

dia_zpsjsdzdq0b.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a good preamp. My only experience with PrimaLuna was the Prologue on the right. It was a push pull with good power but I didn't have it long.

P6270008.jpg

So? Do you like it?
I have the Prologue 3 and love it. Wonder how it compares with your Dialogue 3...

I have the Dialogue Premium, Rogue Cronus Magnum II and Raven Audio's Blackhawk Limited Edition on my short list to replace my Krell integrated SS amp. All have excellent reviews and are good quality builds. The Rogue and Raven are US made.

Last edited:
My mistake, on my previous post where I was referring to integrated amps and not preamps which this thread is about. Like to know how it compares to what you were using?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom