Pro amps crown??

I run my L+R channels on my HT with a QSC-GX5 that does 500wpc into 8ohms and my Danley DTS-10 subwoofer with a Behringer EP-4000 that is 4000w bridged into 4 ohms and I have been for the last 6 years with no issues at all. As mentioned fans can be noisy so swap them out for a quieter fan or do what I do and run the amps in a closet in the adjacent room if possible. Crown makes good stuff and they have a good warranty. Check out the drop test they did on one of their amps.....

I have 2 Crown xls1500 amps. One driving my main speakers (Infinity RSIIIA) and one in my pole barn running a pair of Bose 901's. I don't listen to classical music, and don't call myself a "critical listener" so they work great for me. Bought them on closeout for $200 ea. and think it some of the best money I ever spent. "jmho"

I really like the CTS3000 "Class I" amplifier I use on my bass drivers. It's a fancy form of class D from what I understand. I did replace the fans as they were noisy, my only complaint but had an easy fix. I also have a CTS2000 that I bought used that died however and I haven't done anything with it. I think I can get it repaired at Crown for a reasonable cost. I just haven't needed the amp yet.

Used to use an evil Behringer class A/B full range but lost it in a divorce, got it back and gave it to my preacher. He uses it today and it sounds very nice in his system. Plenty of power there.

At home, sure, you might need to replace fans though if they bug ya.

You forgot to tell this nosy old bunch what you going to use it with !

I'm running and XLS-1502 DC for home theater, Kappa 8.1's and it kicks butt ! Never hear the fan.

So fans might be an issue for me...I was reading about how quite the crown fans are so I didn't work about it but the qsc fans aren't so quite...klipsch chorus using an emotiva xda2 as dac and pre... Was using an emotiva xpa2 amp but it died... While in stand by mode of all things...

So fans might be an issue for me...I was reading about how quite the crown fans are so I didn't work about it but the qsc fans aren't so quite...klipsch chorus using an emotiva xda2 as dac and pre... Was using an emotiva xpa2 amp but it died... While in stand by mode of all things...

Pretty much have to go model by model, not by brand, on fan noise. I have Crown XLS 1000 and CE4000, just to name a couple, and the fan noise between them is quite different. XLS 1000 is pretty quiet, CE4000 is not.

I have been running 3 Crown XLS 402 amps in my HT set up for 7-8 years now. The fans are a bit loud, but you get used to it. They are robust amps and are great for HT. I run them at 4 ohms each for 450W per channel The wife forgets to turn off the main amp at night, and when I get up in the morning, I turn it off. The fan runs all the time when they are on. Despite the constant use, the fans never burn out.

My entire 5.4 ht is Crown amps feed by a Yamaha Ave. My 2 channel set is a Crown feeding 500hz and below and I switch between a 50w tube amp and a Kenwood M2a for the mids and highs into ADS 1290/2. No hiss from the crowns at all.

This is an interesting thread. I have been curious about the xls 1502 would like to hear more from people who have used them like how low is the floor noise?how are the highs?

I have run the Crown XLS2500 into the the woofers of my bi-amped ESS AMT-1 Towers for the past four years.

They have performed flawlessly.

BGW 750C, it's a beast and it has excellent SQ to boot.
Replaced the fan with a quieter one and you only year it when no music is playing.

I have some pro gear that I am considering making something out of and it's nice to see that it's a Thing.
I look and think why with all the power available wouldn't that be a viable option is there any secret formula that might help someone who is only thinking about this that might help seal it and want to go ahead and try It?
Thanks, Nemo

So It is almost a agreement if I in my worn down tired eyes are sending to my grey matter that there is a lack of accuracy for the mid high Pack? And to use what for supplement?

Back
Top Bottom