Pro amps crown??

So It is almost a agreement if I in my worn down tired eyes are sending to my grey matter that there is a lack of accuracy for the mid high Pack? And to use what for supplement?

In what reference, exactly?

There are hundreds or thousands of different pro audio amps. They are not all the same.

Thank God for the snobs that turn their noses up at pro amps; it's kept the price of them from going through the roof!

Good pro amps are usually high current designs, have gobs of power and lack nothing in sound quality. They are also built to be banged around, thus are very solidly constructed.

I built our band's PA around several QSC RMX-2400's. I'd run a CD through it after setup, and the most common comment I got was that it sounded like the biggest, cleanest stereo that they'd ever heard.

Here's the specs on the RMX line:

https://www.qsc.com/resource-files/productresources/amp/discontinued/rmx/q_amp_rmx_series_specs.pdf

Nothing to hate here...

I used Crown amps or many years, DC 300 A, DC 150 A, PSA2. And I have installed all models of Crown up thru 2004. That said in professional applications I have no sonic problems with Crown amps. The Crown amps I owned could be a little to dry and had issues with highs above 10 KHZ. They did sound better than Mac tube amps and early 2100 and 250 amps. But by the time the 7200 and the 7100 came along and up till I replaced my Crowns were replaced with 207"s and 206 Mac the Crowns were really a poor second above 70 HZ. The dryness below 70 hZ worked rather well with my speakers though with the addition of the MX 150 replacing the 119 the difference a has disappeared.

I have had only experience with a crown 150 pre amp and a 300 power amp. I liked the fact that they in a home system perform very well and really never break an idle for most uses I had. I did however use them as barter and they went to a home where they could be utilized better than I. I also was pleased in that In return found myself the proud owner of a component I had resolved most unlikely to obtain a very nice Kenwood KR-9600 That I still have and love. I would never have had the chance of owning the Kenwood that I admired back when they were new and I was a senior in high school..

I picked up an XLS1000 7 years ago and never looked back. Someone on another site dissed it as being too "noisy." And, indeed, the 1500, 2000, & 2500 may be quieter. But I'm perfectly happy with the sound I get from it—teamed with my ARC SP9II.

I've got a Crown1502 and a pair of Inuke 3000dsp's, all work great for subs.
I just got a drive rack to hook up so I can play around with separating the lows/mids/highs properly and try driving mids/highs with them.
Thus far I've been driving mids and highs with Yamaha MX800u's, 1000u and 600u which has been great.

Back
Top Bottom