Pro-ject Debut Carbon DC vs Sony PSHX500

Soundork

I have narrowed my choices to these two turntables and need help deciding which one I should get. Sonic performance is more important to me than the ability to digitize records.

I am not convinced that the Pro-ject would deliver a significantly better sound than the Sony.

Thanks in advance.

Best

This leads me to the following question: If both turntables were equipped with the same cartridge, which one would reproduce the music material better and by how much?

Thanks in advance.

This leads me to the following question: If both turntables were equipped with the same cartridge, which one would reproduce the music material better and by how much?

Thanks in advance.

The chance of some one owning or have tested both turn tables with the same cartridge is pretty small.

My unsubstantiated wild guess would be in favor of the Pro-ject Debut Carbon.

Bump for the evening crowd. :)

Some folks have an issue with hum on the Pro-Ject. That aside, my bet is on the Pro-Ject sounding roughly 29.7% better than the Sony, stock for stock.

Very few people are likely to have A/Bed the Sony vs the Pro-Ject, let alone with aftermarket cartridges on the Sony. Stock for stock, the Pro-Ject will absolutely be more resolving and more detailed. The Sony may have an edge with Good to Fair vinyl. With identical carts, probably pretty close.

Both have fairly high w&f with the Sony being the highest. Neither would be particularly suitable for classical music. My opinion based on the published specs.

Back
Top Bottom