ProAc Owners Thread

I bought a pair of studio 125's that came in on trade at a dealer.
I love them. I'd like to own a higher end model, but these sound very good.
They play ell with just about anything, but of course sound best with good
electronics. I had them paired with an ARC amp for many years.
Currently they are mated with a refurbished au-717.

My brother blew the voice coil on one of his (original, I think) ProAc Super Tab's - he's had 'em for around 30 years. He's in a pinch financially and I was wondering if anyone out there had a replacement 8 Ohm 4" woofer they could sell. He switched the woofer from the other side's speaker to comfort it's the woofer and not the crossover.
ProAc Super Tab Woofer.JPG

There are plenty of speaker repair companies that can make that woofer good as new for not a lot of money.

There are few Proac lovers here? Really? Here's my man cave:
36643278_10156269208555499_3308498344166293504_n.jpg

I got my Tablettes back in March. I thought they were just okay when I first hooked them up to my ancient R-1050 and my almost as old AQ Bedrock cables. After a week or two, those tiny ProAc monitors were making me grin like a certain fictitious cat. :music:

I can't afford the ProAc floorstanders, used or new. I'll make do with my subwoofer and these, if my neighbors don't call the National Guard while I try that.:rolleyes:

I’ve been running 1SC’s with my vintage Macintosh system & Thorens TD 125 TT for the last 10yrs or so, and have loved the presentation. Recently I’ve been waxing on making a change, and have been considering moving to the DB1 or possibly D2. My room is smallish (12x13x9), so i’d Like to stick with monitors. Anyone have the chance to compare the DB1 with 1SC? Also, how about 1SC vs D2?

Thanks,
Mike

I’ve been running 1SC’s with my vintage Macintosh system & Thorens TD 125 TT for the last 10yrs or so, and have loved the presentation. Recently I’ve been waxing on making a change, and have been considering moving to the DB1 or possibly D2. My room is smallish (12x13x9), so i’d Like to stick with monitors. Anyone have the chance to compare the DB1 with 1SC? Also, how about 1SC vs D2?

Thanks,
Mike

Been reading a lot of opinions of the 1SC's and aside from the bass response may people seem prefer the magic of the 1SC's. Are you running a sub ? If not a good small fast sub might transform them to the next level.

Been reading a lot of opinions of the 1SC's and aside from the bass response may people seem prefer the magic of the 1SC's. Are you running a sub ? If not a good small fast sub might transform them to the next level.

Hello,
Just discovered this forum. I am glad to find it. I just recently purchased a pair of Response 1SCs and have started using them with a PSB Sub Sonic 1 which I have had for about 20 years. I am not sure I have got it totally dialed in but so far I am really enjoying the combination. If anyone has suggestions on the best way to integrate the sub and the 1 SCs, I would appreciate them. Regarding the the 1SCs, I am hearing things through them that I have not heard through some of the other speakers I have. It actually took me by surprise and I had to get used to it, if that makes any sense.
Harry

Hello,
Just discovered this forum. I am glad to find it. I just recently purchased a pair of Response 1SCs and have started using them with a PSB Sub Sonic 1 which I have had for about 20 years. I am not sure I have got it totally dialed in but so far I am really enjoying the combination. If anyone has suggestions on the best way to integrate the sub and the 1 SCs, I would appreciate them. Regarding the the 1SCs, I am hearing things through them that I have not heard through some of the other speakers I have. It actually took me by surprise and I had to get used to it, if that makes any sense.
Harry

Welcome to AK, I'd try and keep the crossover on the sub as low as possible without creating any dips in the bass response. Also don't turn up the output level of the sub too high. You don't want the sub to call attention to itself. You may already know this.

You might want to upgrade your sub if your mainly into 2 channel music. For not a lot of money a little REL, T/5i sub would probably match your ProAcs very well in a smallish room. You didn't say how big your room is (?)

Back
Top Bottom