Problem with burning

ninetynine

It seems as though everytime I burn a music album i get glitches at the end of a track and at the begining of the upcoming track and sometimes in the middle of a track. I noticed that when this happens I get a red light that is flashing while burning and I hear the sound of the cd spinning on and off. When I see a green light everything seems to go ok. This is getting really frustrating. I've used different burning software and the problem is the same. Can it be that the burner is defective somehow?

try burning at a lower speed. the burner is probably doing verification during the burn and is sensing errors. i won't burn at anything faster than 4x.

Ahh that's what I thought, I have a slow computer and I burn at 32x which is the burner's full speed. Maybe my lack of computer memory is interfeering with the burning process then.

well i'm using Nero also and I'm having the problem. My computer is a 333mhz with 128 megs of ram and i'm running windows 98. I'll have to get some cdr's today and try burning at a lower speed.

99, my old computer was configured the same way. I think a slower speed will solve your problems. Botryris brought up a good point about the under-run protection. Roxio sucks. My old PC's Lite-On burner came supplied with it and it never worked right. I bought Nero 5 and it solved all probs.

I tried burning at 4x and still no luck the first 7 tracks out of 18 worked but the rest did not burn. It even has trouble reading the first 7 tracks.
I heard that the highering of the buffer should help but I have no idea what to set it at. I'm using nero and the buffer is currently at 23megs. Any suggestions?

Try using nero fist - i have pretty much the same setup (350mhz, 98se and a no name burner), and it burns fine, although i very occasionally i burn a coaster.

ALso, when burning i usually ONLY do that and no other things

Chris

Back
Top Bottom