Problem with CT-F500 Refurb

Yodathedog

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
71D644AF-39A9-4157-B380-FFBD135CE145.jpeg 6D06ADC8-BC12-4023-B491-C713175F8BC8.jpeg i recently acquired a Pioneer CT-F500 that obviously needed belts. The belts have been replaced (except the dreaded belt #6 which seems to be in good shape). I get no response at all from the controls. No play, record, or fast forward in either direction. I noticed when I finished reassembling that there was one skinny black wire loose. I couldn’t figure out where it had been attached on the board, but the other end was attached to the back of the case. Anyone have any idea where this wire might have been attached and if it had any affect on the tape transport?

I think it's attached to the end of the capstan brace. I am replacing my belts and I somehow broke that wire off. I will have to solder it when I get the deck to work again.
I must have done something wrong with the belt replacements. Before working on it the FF reverse worked and if I spun the capstan sound came out. Now nothing.
Anyhow, hope you can follow that wire to the brace.

I think it's attached to the end of the capstan brace. I am replacing my belts and I somehow broke that wire off. I will have to solder it when I get the deck to work again.
I must have done something wrong with the belt replacements. Before working on it the FF reverse worked and if I spun the capstan sound came out. Now nothing.
Anyhow, hope you can follow that wire to the brace.

I eventually took it to a tech I discovered near by. He figured out where it was supposed to go and I think I remember him saying it wasn’t keeping the deck from running. It now works great.

Back
Top Bottom