Problems w/ a BRAND NEW CD!! Argh!!

mg196

Johnny Thunders - LAMF
Well, after an agonizing wait I received Johnny Thunders' "In The Flesh" live CD, and lemme tell ya, it ROCKS. :guitar:

Anyways, 2.5 minutes into track three there is a goddamn click!! :cry: This was literally my first time playing it and the CD surface was perfect. So, knowing my DV-414 is a little TOO good at picking up flaws, I tried it in my iMac and the same click occurred. So, here is my diagnosis and fix:

I downloaded the track and ran it through Peak 4. I zoomed in to look at the track at about 2:35 minutes, and whadya know, there were actually 12 clicks within the span of about .001 seconds. I just pressed the "remove clicks" option in the menu, and VOILA! The track is clean! I loaded it into my iPod and saved the new track on my hard-drive.

Now, I just have to go to Borders and try to exchange the CD straight up for a new one, hopefully without the same problem.

what kind of software do you use to remove the "clicks" ? :naughty:
By the way what about the sound of that Johnny Thunders "In The Flesh" live CD ? :scratch2:
The other day i bought a double CD of "Johnny Thunders/New Youk Dolls - Street Trash" and the sound sucks. :mad:

Thanks for the tip mg. :thmbsp:
The minute i saw Johnny and the Dolls :yikes: i bought it.Only later i saw that was,as you say,a garbage bootleg.
Nevermind...Lonely Planet Boy:D

Have fun.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom