Procol Harum Remasters

davharw

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I was wondering if anyone was aware of any great cd reissues or compilations of Procol Harum's albums. I remember that their first album (which I have somewhere) was released in mono. They were an excellent band and certainly had an influence on prog rock. I remember they released a live album. I remember that I liked it but the recording was just good for the time.

Thanks,

Dave

I was wondering if anyone was aware of any great cd reissues or compilations of Procol Harum's albums. I remember that their first album (which I have somewhere) was released in mono. They were an excellent band and certainly had an influence on prog rock. I remember they released a live album. I remember that I liked it but the recording was just good for the time.

Thanks,

Dave
I purchased the SALVO reissues in 2009. These new reissues include more bonus material, but the SALVO versions sound great so I'll pass on these newer ones.
Btw, SALVO also did a wonderful job on reissuing music by THE MOVE.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) they seem to have missed the boat on digital remasters ... we saw some good ones courtesy of 30 and 40 year anniversaries ...

Never struck me as the go to band with a lot of breadth to them ... kinda like Camel ... I drag them out every now and then just for the memories.

I did purchase the version from Esoteric Recordings. The package contained more material than the "Shine on Brightly" album. They were an influence on progressive rock. I'm not sure how successful they were in Europe.

MFSL did a few Procul Harum albums and they sound quite nice. From the Original analog tapes the catalog consisted of
A Salty Dog
Home
Broken Barricades
I think they did the live album to but I don't own that one.

Back
Top Bottom