Protect those cases with non-slip covers

Morden2004

Relaxin'
Recently, I was swearing :dammit: yet again as I was pushing a switch on one of my audio components and it slid back almost to the back of the shelf. Granted, this is a light unit and has small feet but it got me to thinking about how easily we damage the tops of our precious vintage equipment stacking one on the other and how easily some of the lighter gear (e.g. CD players, switch boxes, etc.) move when pushed.

Well, I found an ideal solution :yippy: to both problems. In your local department or hardware store is a nifty shelf-lining product that is made from a very soft, pliable rubber compound. It has breathing holes and it is textured to reduce the problems of sticking after long-term use. It is quite tacky and can easily "grip" those small feet of a light unit resting on top of another. Cut to fit exactly under the 4 feet and your scratching and sliding problems are over.

I have attached a picture of this material. It works extremely well for me.

Paul

Been using that stuff for years! You can even find rolls at thrift stores, while you're there, sometimes, of course.

Well, then YOU get the credit for this!! :D

How do you find it holding up over time? Does it stick? Leave any marks?

Paul

No problems. I have also used a tacky-kind of felt used to keep throw rugs in place over carpet. This stuff can leave 'something' behind, but really bonds and I've used it to both cushion (not much, but some) and maintain speaker systems I stack on top of other speakers.
I don't think I'd use the rubbery stuff under an amp, though.
Jeez, especially not anything that may run in Class A! :eek:
My M-80 in Class A warms the room.

Like you mentioned, for light-weight items, it keeps 'em in place and protects at the same time.

You can see it in some of my pix of my stuff.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom