Proton AA2120 .. clicking "on/off"

James Scott

Inever play music.. vinyl.. CD's .. or? I use my equipment for a surround sound (5.1) system I usedaily.. TV/Movies.. Ha! I guess I'm not exactly audiophile! I use a Carver surround preamp.. bridged N.E.W. amp for center channel.. Acurus 250 for front.. and Proton AA2120 for rear channels. I wanted to see if the rear info was coming out of the decoder in the Carver (?). This (protection) clicking on/off started 2 years ago.. after I thot amp may have overheated.. But now (intermittent before) clicking on/off has become common enough to be disturbing to the point of non-use! If I'm pissing in the wind.. lemme know.. and advise me of your choice of amp..($700 max) to fill this function with my 20 yo system. Otherwise, please guide me to the Proton's repair destination of your choice.. There seems tobe no proper repair facility for this in the entire city area (800+K pop) of Fresno, CA! I'm also interested in having a modification to always on.. if I keep this amp.. and if reasonable/possible. I would like to have it turn on .. with all my other components that are plugged into a line conditioner! The Proton AA2120 requires turn on by its own preamp.. or the manual faceplate button.
Any help appreciated .. . Thanks, Jim
559 240 4612

Back
Top Bottom