proudest new owner of a mc piece

exracer

music speaks
yes got me a c38- :banana: sounded damn good - compared it to a linn wakonda- (just because ive got a linn player and the salesman had mentioned i go that route) - for me it was no contest - the mc had much better balance, resolution, detail, separation, clarity- you name it!! thought id snap it up ... yes nice to be part of the clan (sounds kind of silly- almost yuppy like)

now i understand what all you guys have been talking about :thmbsp:

Enjoy your new C38. I think the preamp is one of the most important parts of the system. My first McIntosh piece was also a preamp. Now sit back and enjoy, if you are like me you will soon be working on a stack-o-mac.
Your post cought my eye because at my local McIntosh dealer someone just traded in an entire Linn system four months ago, I always herd good things about Linn.

Victor

well i must say i listened to it with a unidisc1.1 through 2250 biwired espeks and even in an all linn setup i enjoyed the mc pre over the linn pre. but hey, someone traded in this c38 for something else so to each their own....

Don't let the secret out. McIntosh offten sells more preamps than amps in a month.
Ron-C

Congrats exracer. I just got my first pieces of Mac not too long ago and I'm very happy with the Mac sound...and sexy looks too :smoke:

Hey you beat me to it! yeah I wasnt sure if id get any green.. until it got plugged in..yeah baby!!
didnt get a manual with it however, they might have it somewhere at the shop but havent found it yet, they will let me know if they do, but can I ask someone how one maintains this unit? is there anything that needs to be adjusted or checked ? and just a damp cloth for the fingerprints on the glass- or is there no harm in subjecting it to ammonia (windex)?

I dont even know what it will do - all I know is theres lots of gold rcas on the back and my ears liked it when only four of them were in use...

We use Windex and virgin cheesecloth in the service department. Now you know!

Ron-C

To keep the shine on the glass I use a light coat of car wax (Turtle), helps keep the finger prints to a minimum.

with that sense of humour, you will be readilly accepted around here..lol

ron-c said:
Don't let the secret out. McIntosh offten sells more preamps than amps in a month.
Ron-C

I suspect one reason for the popularity of McIntosh preamps is that they are about the only quality alternative to the "minimalist" school of preamplifier design. McIntosh alone among high-end audio manufacturers seems to realize that some people really want tone controls, a balance control, the ability to use headphones with adding another box/wires,....

The comment we usually get on the new stuff is how much quieter the Mc is than the ownwers' previous pre. They are correct of course the Mc has a much higher signal to noise ratio.

Ron-C

Hi Ron, I've got a question for you. I have a C-39 that I am using as a stereo only pre-amp paired with an MC-7200 for my bedroom system. The C-39 is an audio and video unit. I am considering selling it and replacing it with a C-38. Is there any advantage in doing that? Does the C-38 have any cleaner sound than the C-39, due to the lack of video circuits? Or is it just the same and I should be happy with sticking with my C-39?

The C39 is an analog device. The pre/pros switch audio and video at the same time as each input has both. Each new generation of MX series product has moved closer to the two channel preamps which are also improving. You may hear a slight improvement in clarity depending on the system and how critical you are. I will say the C39 audio quality will better many current processors built by others.

Ron-C

ron-c said:
After we use the virgin cheesecloth we put it in the bin marked 'Ho" cloth!

Ron-C

That's exactly why Miss Idaho will NEVER win the Miss America pagent. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom