Pulled the Plug on my Basic M2A

tbird71

Got my KA-1100SD in last week...what a difference! Night and DAY!

SA..........Weet!

Sigma, non sigma, DLD, super DLD, doesn't matter to me, the only factor that counts is how it sounds to your ears.

That 1100SD out performs the M2A (and lots of others) in every respect. Like the Aussie says, it's more "involved". I've been missing it since mine went down on one channel last year. Glad to have an old friend back!

I also run a KA-1100SD and absolutely love it. It finally has ended my constant search for the next new and improved amplifier, now I just put on another record and enjoy the sweet sound it makes with my SpeakerLab Sevens...

Got my KA-1100SD in last week...what a difference! Night and DAY!

SA..........Weet!

Sigma, non sigma, DLD, super DLD, doesn't matter to me, the only factor that counts is how it sounds to your ears.

That 1100SD out performs the M2A (and lots of others) in every respect. Like the Aussie says, it's more "involved". I've been missing it since mine went down on one channel last year. Glad to have an old friend back!

'The Aussie' says,"Enjoy your amp". :D :thmbsp:

Here's The Bad Boy...And the 25Th Basic Set As Well...

If you've never heard one of these and get a chance to...DO IT!

You will be convinced....

1100sda.JPG

1100sdb.JPG

Here's my Basic 25th Anniversary Set sans the 770 turntable
and the equalizer. (M2a, C2, 750 casette, 880 tuner, 1000 CD)

basicken.JPG

RASTA: What do you think a Pr of KEF 104/2s would sound like pal'ed up with the big SD? I think I wanna know....

Thanks for uploading the pictures!

So you're saying this KA-1100SD integrated amp is outperforming your M2A amp and C2 pre-amp? Kind of unexpected, no? They all appear to be from the mid '80's...was this integrated amp produced after the Basic M2a?

No, this one came in 1983-84....the M2a was 1986 I believe. You've got to hear them
to see....even tho the M2a has 220 WPC the 150WPC 1100SD just is much more musical...when cranking up the M2a, it acts like a lot of others, this SD pulls right from the get go with authority, you'd think you had 250+ ponies in your hand! As I said in earlier post, it may be the C2 that's the difference. I'm gonna hook up my HK Citation 21 Preamp to the M2a, (they don't get too much better than that) and see what if any difference that makes.

Rasta, if you're reading this chime in and maybe you can describe it better.

FYI, when those 1100SDs do crop up on ebay, they can be had for <$150...(I pd $135 for this last one, it's really like new. I couldn't have fixed mine for that. If you get a chance to snag one, go for it. You will see exactly what i mean after listening to it!

Back
Top Bottom