QA-800A RCA jacks

Matt Mincer

Hey All,

I'm working on an 800A and one of the RCA jacks plates is trashed. (see pix in link) I ordered one on eBay for an SA-7100 figuring it looked so close and were probably made in the same factory, it had to be the same size. Apparently not. The 7100 it a little narrower and a little taller. So the question is, does anyone know where I might find one that will fit? There are a few others on eBay but now that I know there are different sizes, I'm a little gunshy. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Matt

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmdvg2aY

Do some home work, we have most if not all of the service manual to our disposal, refer to them to see which models use the same part numbers. Hint, look for the same year models, so for a QX-800A look for other models made in the same year. I have a QX-9900, it was made at about the same time, start with it, same era, mid 70's

Do some home work, we have most if not all of the service manual to our disposal, refer to them to see which models use the same part numbers. Hint, look for the same year models, so for a QX-800A look for other models made in the same year. I have a QX-9900, it was made at about the same time, start with it, same era, mid 70's

I went through the manuals I downloaded off of Hifiengine. The RCA jack plates didn't seem to have part numbers. Maybe I missed something, I'll check again. I did find this on eBay. It for a QX rather than a QA though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PIONEER-QX...995240?hash=item48a1e835e8:g:bHwAAOSwGIBZru7g

Thanks
Matt

Well, the QA-800A manual doesn't have any part number for those jacks but the QA-800 (non A) does. I believe the number is AKB-001-0. There are no exact matches on eBay but I'll keep searching.

Thanks
Matt

You might be right, I did not check, these older models the docs were limited, esp the mech parts. Usually in the "OTHER" section, I do not even have a QA-800A manual yet :)
Good luck finding the part.

The manual shows AKB-007 and AKB-008 for the 6P input terminal boards. (KLW model)

Screenshot_20180405-161229A.jpg

Hey Les,

Thanks for the info! You must have a better manual than the one I have. In any case, I found on eBay and ordered it

Matt

Back
Top Bottom