Qobuz HiRez streaming has finally hit the U.S. and it’s really really good

Unless there is a way to bypass the phone's DAC and just use the data. I do this with a phone sometimes for traveling and get 24/96 out of the phone, and converted to analog by an external DAC, in this case a FiiO..
With USB Audio Play Pro, I'm able to get high-res out of the phone, and use my Dragonfly Black with headphones either portable around the house, or while out on a road trip.

Unless there is a way to bypass the phone's DAC and just use the data. I do this with a phone sometimes for traveling and get 24/96 out of the phone, and converted to analog by an external DAC, in this case a FiiO..

Do the same with a Teac DAC HP amp. Sounds great for chilling at the hotel.

Help me understand what that means. Is the phone used in any way for playback? If it is turned off, what happens?

Typically if you are using your phone or tablet streaming it is only a remote for whatever streaming device you have in your system.

@E-Stat I’m using my oppo for steaming but the Dac is bypassed in the oppo and the MF Dac is used in place of it, my phone , tablet , laptop etc are only remotes .

Audiofreak71

@E-Stat I’m using my oppo for steaming but the Dac is bypassed in the oppo and the MF Dac is used in place of it, my phone , tablet , laptop etc are only remotes .
So the purpose of the app is merely to sign up? I downloaded it and did just that. It allowed me to playback lossy content on the phone. Then returned to their website and logged in:

q.jpg

Only at low resolution without the ability to sign up for a plan. Did you notice the error message across the top of my screen cap?

Same here, apparently those of us not special ;) Need to wait for the regular North American roll out

Using the Qobuz app (or Tidal app, or other app) does not mean you’re using your phone’s DAC. If you’re streaming to a streaming device (Chromecast, Bluesound, etc) your phone isn’t in the audio path at all. The phone app simply tells the streamer what file to play. It’s strictly a controller. There is no loss of fidelity.

Same here, apparently those of us not special ;) Need to wait for the regular North American roll out
I guess I’m special for some reason (not ) , but whatever I did it worked for getting signed up and playing . The only thing I did was around May time frame I signed up to receive a notification when I was able to sign up for qobuz, then out of sheer luck I checked this past week and noticed that it didn’t have the (not in your country yet but coming soon ) notification so I went in and signed up , downloaded the app and I was good . Nothing special about that, odd that no one else is able to sign up though.

Audiofreak71

I guess I’m special for some reason (not ) , but whatever I did it worked for getting signed up and playing . The only thing I did was around May time frame I signed up to receive a notification when I was able to sign up for qobuz, then out of sheer luck I checked this past week and noticed that it didn’t have the (not in your country yet but coming soon ) notification so I went in and signed up , downloaded the app and I was good . Nothing special about that, odd that no one else is able to sign up though.

Audiofreak71

Your so modest ;)

:beerchug:

Audiofreak71

Yeah, it’s pretty strange :dunno:. Half the thing with Tidal is the Military discount they give! It will need to be better for around the same money.

Yeah, it’s pretty strange :dunno:. Half the thing with Tidal is the Military discount they give!
Exactly and that’s another thing I’m looking into , I emailed qobuz to ask them if they offered a military discount and so far no response :dunno:

Audiofreak71

Back
Top Bottom