Qobuz HiRez streaming has finally hit the U.S. and it’s really really good

The $25 hirez package, although I don’t need it cd quality is fine for me and my dad up converts to 24/192 .

Audiofreak71
Curious again. When you go into your account settings like @ashok did in post #106, what Plan does it say you have. HiFi or Studio?

index.php

I am thinking (hoping?) that with the upcoming New York Audio Show, Qobuz might use the show as the event to launch it at. It would be nice to have it by the holidays. And it would also be cool to share playlists with other users here. :) But I think I would rather have them delay it, than have a system launched that gave users a lot of problems.

I'd love to give Qobuz a shot but I'm gonna wait until it integrates with Roon the way Tidal does.
Pretty sure they are covering that angle of it, since high-res and Roon kind of go hand in hand, and I believe I'd read that Roon was one of the companies that got early access to it so they could begin development. Qobuz seems to have hired people for the US who are very aware of the audiophile market (unlike the others, who treat us as an afterthought or an annoyance), so support will probably come sooner than it would under other circumstances.

I'm no big fan of Roon yet, but if it can integrate things like I'm thinking it will, I may give it a trial run once Qobuz comes along, and I get my other pieces in place. :)

Curious again. When you go into your account settings like @ashok did in post #106, what Plan does it say you have. HiFi or Studio?

index.php
I didn’t sign up from the app I signed up straight from qobuz , that is why there is confusion as to how I was able to get in and others have not , when I downloaded the qobuz app on my phone I logged in using the username and password I setup on there site.

Audiofreak71

I re-read your posts from earlier, and now understand your setup. MConnect Seems like a nice app...

With regard to my subscription itself, the price is $25 per month plus tax. I just assumed that it was the Euro to $ conversion that raised the price to $25 - forgot about Apple's surcharge.

But the key point is that the subscription tier is "Hi-Fi". Qobuz's website clearly says that "Hi-Fi" is limited to CD quality streaming. The "Studio" level offers higher than CD quality, but that wasn't available for selection in the Apple store.

Were you somehow able to sign up for the "Studio" tier?

What does your DAC tell you about the sampling frequency of the incoming data?
Yes somehow I was able to sign up for the tier higher than cd quality at the time I figured the site was up and running for the U.S. so I chose that one . My Dac shows 24/192 when I’m streaming .

Audiofreak71

I re-read your posts from earlier, and now understand your setup. MConnect Seems like a nice app...

With regard to my subscription itself, the price is $25 per month plus tax. I just assumed that it was the Euro to $ conversion that raised the price to $25 - forgot about Apple's surcharge.

But the key point is that the subscription tier is "Hi-Fi". Qobuz's website clearly says that "Hi-Fi" is limited to CD quality streaming. The "Studio" level offers higher than CD quality, but that wasn't available for selection in the Apple store.

Were you somehow able to sign up for the "Studio" tier?

What does your DAC tell you about the sampling frequency of the incoming data?
Btw mconnect so far has been very good at tying in all my music in one place and playing back whichever I like in a seamless process .

Audiofreak71

If this was already mentioned please excuse the redundancy. If you are running an earlier version of Audirvana and upgrade to 3.1 ($39) or buy it outright (I think it's $79) you can get 3 month free trials of both Tidal and Quboz. Currently I'm doing the Tidal trial, which btw sounds very good and after that I'll try out Quboz and decide from there. Audirvana still doesn't support Spotify but hopefully soon.
That’s a reasonable deal imo if your wanting both Tidal and Qobuz. For many of us however we’re thinking of jumping ship with Tidal for various reasons and going over to Qobuz for not various reasons , either way though that’s a good deal for both streaming companies.

Audiofreak71

I didn’t sign up from the app I signed up straight from qobuz , that is why there is confusion as to how I was able to get in and others have not , when I downloaded the qobuz app on my phone I logged in using the username and password I setup on there site.

Audiofreak71
Ok. That wasn't clear to me in your posts.

Nevertheless, I would think that your subscription settings are available from your Qobuz profile. If you dont mind, poke around and post a screen shot of your tier. I'm curious as to why ashko is paying the same as you but for lower tier.:idea:

Could be the App Store surcharge tacked on to $19.99....but that would make it $25.98. :idea:

It let me go through the sign-up process here.

Try Qobuz free for 15 days: http://qob.uz/free-trial

• Qobuz Premium (£9,99 / month): All the difference of Qobuz, accessible to all.
• Qobuz Hi-Fi (£19,99 / month): All of Qobuz in 16-Bit 44.1 kHz FLAC, the market's subscription of reference.
• Qobuz Sublime (£219,99 / year): All of Qobuz in 16-Bit 44.1 kHz FLAC, Hi-Res downloads at a special price
• Qobuz Sublime+ (£349,99 / year): The best music subscription in the world: unlimited Hi-Res streaming, Hi-Res downloads at a special price
Any questions? => http://on.qobuz.com/support

Can you tell us any specific titles that you see that are not available in Tidal.
When you go into qobuz you’ll see so many European and world artists that it’s a bit overwhelming all of which I never saw on Tidal , lots of hirez classical if your into that as well . What I noticed of the bat though is that there are many many more hirez music than with tidal . You’ll have to do your own research though for specific titles because there are just to many .

Audiofreak71

It let me go through the sign-up process here.
Were you actually able to activate a trial? I tried this in an incognito browser window so I would not be logged in, and it is going right to the UK site regardless.

It's when entering payment info that it bombs out. They detect your country from method of payment.

Not interested in streaming as my Sony HAP-Z1ES only supports Spotify and Tunein so far.

But this thread did get me to try to purchase and download some music from Qobuz.
'
They did have selections not on HDTracks, like David Ball

But I got snookered! I bought a hi-res album (24/96) of Brandenburg Concertos for 18 pounds, released in 2014. Turns out it was a digitization of a 1946 recording and the sound quality sounded like it. Original 78s on a turntable would have sounded better.

I sent a message off to customer services asking for an exchange for a contemporary hires recording of the same music. We'll see if they respond.

Update: Customer Service got back to me with a "so sorry" and a free download of my choice so all's well.

Last edited:
Were you actually able to activate a trial? I tried this in an incognito browser window so I would not be logged in, and it is going right to the UK site regardless.

It's when entering payment info that it bombs out. They detect your country from method of payment.

I did not activate a trial. I will wait until the Roon integration thing is worked out before I give it a try.

I do see on their Facebook Site that they are offering Free Preview Accounts.

Screen Shot 2018-11-04 at 5.49.30 AM.png

Back
Top Bottom