1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

QRX-5500 revival

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by psychoaudio, Oct 13, 2018.

1. psychoaudio

psychoaudio I didn't do it Subscriber

hello all. This is my first post on the sansui category. Please pardon my ignorance if this has been dealt with. The direction switch of my receiver is broken and knob is missing. Does anyone have spares or perhaps a known fix for this? Thank you !

Attached Files:

Please register to disable this ad.

2. sansui 74

sansui 74 Active Member

Hello
    You may need to find a doner set for the direction switch and knob.
    As this switch only came on the QRX 5500, A, and QRX 7500 and these sets were in production I think 1973 to 75 or 76 to the best of my knowledge. .Ken

psychoaudio likes this.
  3. Sansuiman

Sansuiman Active Member

Is it just the shaft broken off, or is the entire switch ruined? I've taken pots and rotary switches with broken off shafts and used a drill press to drill out the center of the broken aluminum shaft then insert a donor shaft taken from a another pot or switch (even if not a different type, as long as the length and spline pattern are identical) and secured it in with epoxy. Some minor "machining" is usually needed with a file, but can be done with a little patience.

Not the most glamorous solution, but sometimes is the only way to go if a complete donor part can't be found reasonably.

psychoaudio likes this.
  4. ironhead17

ironhead17 Ironhead - #3 lives

I picked up one of these from the rec center. Not sure which direction I'm going with it just yet. If someone has immediate interest in it I may be able to help you out.

Wade

psychoaudio likes this.
  5. psychoaudio

psychoaudio I didn't do it Subscriber

thanks Wade