QRX 6001 CD4 problems

patwalsh

I just bought a QRX 6001 off ebay - love everything about it, but I am having trouble with CD4. anyone have any thoughts... symptoms...

1) the CD4 light would not come on playing CD4 record and only getting sound from 2 channels..
2) connected with my external JVC demodulator thru the aux ports and it works fine
3) Turntable is Technics SL 1800 MKII with quad cart and shibata stylus - tested on on my QRX 5500a and everything works as should...
4) the guy i bought the TT from "upgraded" the rca plugs - on a whim i reveresed the left and right plugs and tested with CD4 record and the CD4 light comes on - but still only 2 channels

do you cleaning the CD4 button with deoxit may help?
do you think its a circuitry issue on the internal CD4 board?
Anyone have issues similar to this??

Thanks in advance...

Have you tried adjusting the carrier level control in the front, basically for the CD4 light to come on, and then the seperation controls to balance fron to rear?. I would think that the seperation controls should be at midpoint for starters. As a start, you should also exercise those 3 CD4 controls back and forth as you listen with a cd4 record playing. Very few people use CD4 and these controls could be very spotty from sitting.

I have adjusted the controls playing a standard CD4 record - not with the calibration record though - I bought one, just hasn't arrived yet. I wasn't sure that the adjustments would really do anything since I'm only getting 2 channels..

do you think cleaning those 3 CD4 controls and the CD4 buttons with deoxit might get sound to all 4 channels?? my 1st thought was no.. but its definitely worth a try.

If both of the seperation controls are either full CW, or full CCW, you may only get 2 channels

The QRX-6001 is a little quad sleeper. Everyone goes after the larger models but the 6001 has the same vario-matrix decoder as the big boys.

Please post the serial number for the database. Click on the link in my signature block.

- Pete

Back
Top Bottom