QRX Restore....anyone used them before?

I just leave the adapter in the hole and push it all the way in before i shut it down. Why? Well, i like to:
1. Turn volume all the way down
2. Shut off speakers
3. Before i shut them ("them"being all amps and receivers that i own and jave owned) down.
This way, my speakers are not engaged when it powers up just in case of failure, and with volume down the switch doesnt take a current in rush. Is this true? Not sure, but its the way i was taught. Also, i run in aux mode 90%of the time. I dont leave fm engaged. I turn that selector to phono and kill the fm. Not sure if it helps save anything, just cant see keeping it powered when i dont use it. Its just maybe something unimportant, and im ok with it. Ive however only heard a speaker THUMP once in my 50 years.View attachment 1418083

Thanks for the tips. I'll buy a headphone plug and see what happens... I hope is not serious.
Here a pic of my 9001. Despite not being the best sound in my collection - not I that dislike it - it's by far the most beautiful !

20190210_060250.jpg

Thanks for the tips. I'll buy a headphone plug and see what happens... I hope is not serious.
Here a pic of my 9001. Despite not being the best sound in my collection - not I that dislike it - it's by far the most beautiful !

View attachment 1420473
They are great looking receivers for sure. Certainly not a "less is more" overly simplistic design! My first 9001 i ran with a set of 4 Pioneer HPM-100. Went out of my way to have quality quad material, and gave up the struggle when i found SACD/DVD-Audio ect. I do continue to hang onto the Quad material, but no longer play it.

They are great looking receivers for sure. Certainly not a "less is more" overly simplistic design! My first 9001 i ran with a set of 4 Pioneer HPM-100. Went out of my way to have quality quad material, and gave up the struggle when i found SACD/DVD-Audio ect. I do continue to hang onto the Quad material, but no longer play it.

You can still use your 9001 :) My Oppos (BDP-95 and 105) can be configured to downmix 5.1/7.1 sources to 4.0.

That is in fact exactly what I am doing with a 7001 in the bedroom, as there's no room for more than four speakers. I was hoping to upgrade to a Marantz 4270 so that I could use a power amp to get power up to a reasonable level for my Infinities, but getting it to work in quad is apparently a struggle.

Best of both worlds, really, I can watch TV in surround, and I can still play my quad LPs. Plus it looks cooler than an AVR.

You can still use your 9001 :) My Oppos (BDP-95 and 105) can be configured to downmix 5.1/7.1 sources to 4.0.

That is in fact exactly what I am doing with a 7001 in the bedroom, as there's no room for more than four speakers. I was hoping to upgrade to a Marantz 4270 so that I could use a power amp to get power up to a reasonable level for my Infinities, but getting it to work in quad is apparently a struggle.

Best of both worlds, really, I can watch TV in surround, and I can still play my quad LPs. Plus it looks cooler than an AVR.
Hey small world. I also have the 95 and 105. I do use the 9001, but not for lp any more. I send both sets of rca out of the cd player to front/rear in cd4/aux mode. Prob a Heresy way to go bout it. For my HT system; its the 105, Krell KAV-1500 amp and Lexicon mc12hd. I have some cd-4, sq, and Q8 converted and burned to disc . Since it was decoded before it was burned it plays in the oppo as multichannel. Got quite a few of these rips, as well as MOFI and Nautilus. The Quad discs are then well, still quad and play in the oppo as they would in the 9001. The other MFSL rips are 2 channel, but quality, and play back as 5.1 with the "surround stereo" mode from the lexicon.
I see your point on keeping the 9001 or quad amp for decoding and play, but i just got lazy i guess, and wasnt too impressed with any format other than cd4 and Reel tapes. The energy i expended getting it all right was not returned to me though my ears. Ive got an extensive collection of high res digital, ans though 80%is 2 channel, the lexicon does better at turning that into 5 channels than i could get out of a quad lp. Mind you, the analog of the lp sounds better, but seperation and control of the lexicon makes a far better surround effect than any quad ive had. I dont have the TATE though, just the "holy Grail" mod by qrx restore. I have 400 or so quad lp or so, and hold them because well, i may just change my mind...again!

Attachments

• 20180916_200859.jpg
    20180916_200859.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
My 9090 / 9090db both had full meal deal done by QRXrestore. Next will be my qrx9001.
Luckily I live near and drive by their place often enough.
They are the best. Really good guys too.

Back
Top Bottom