Quad 11L Classic

Speaking of Orangutan's...Dale received his 0/96's and so I'll be heading down to Eugene very soon for a listen to that incredible setup of his.

Note in the linked article that MDF was not used with these speakers. They are almost as inert as the KEF's.

If I understand the article these speakers are of Chinese design and manufacture with just the QUAD name attached. The parent has design studio, manufacturing all in-house in China. Other than the nameplate I do not see a U.K. connection other than ownership of the company to gain access to the name and reputation. Are the electronics made in the U.K or China now?

If I understand the article these speakers are of Chinese design and manufacture with just the QUAD name attached. The parent has design studio, manufacturing all in-house in China. Other than the nameplate I do not see a U.K. connection other than ownership of the company to gain access to the name and reputation. Are the electronics made in the U.K or China now?

I think they are UK design and Chinese manufacture. IAG of China owns the company and maintains design and engineering for all of their UK brands (Wharfedale, Castle etc.) in the UK.

Let`s bump this thread again,
3 years ago I bought a pair of used 11L nonclassic , I liked them, but didn`t used much at the time, prefering a pair of Kef iQ3 on mounts,
yesterday I tried the Quad on the living room and I really like them,
they are enjoyable little speakers, but almost NO bass,
I tried to get them near the walls and lowering the height from the floor,
a bit better , but still..
Is there any mod I can try to get near the classics line,
I searched a bit but there are no pics of the inside cabinet of the classics or maybe this is useless since the drivers are totally different..

Let`s bump this thread again,
3 years ago I bought a pair of used 11L nonclassic , I liked them, but didn`t used much at the time, prefering a pair of Kef iQ3 on mounts,
yesterday I tried the Quad on the living room and I really like them,
they are enjoyable little speakers, but almost NO bass,
I tried to get them near the walls and lowering the height from the floor,
a bit better , but still..
Is there any mod I can try to get near the classics line,
I searched a bit but there are no pics of the inside cabinet of the classics or maybe this is useless since the drivers are totally different..

Hmm, I get great bass from ours. Everything is relative.

Art, the OP is referring to nonclassic, original Quad 11L and you are playing the Classic version. I have both Classic and nonclassic 11L and use a small subwoofer with the 11L.

I agree with Art that you don't "need" the sub with the 11L Classic. As I trade speakers around room to room, the sub is there so with the Classics I keep the sub turned way down, used sparingly or subtly.

Giving the Quads a workout!

018-8.jpg
Can I ask what speaker cable you found worked best I have the same set up and was just wondering

Back
Top Bottom