QUAD 405-2, 34 AND FM4 - WHAT CD AND CASSETTE DECKS TO MATCH?

r887661

Totally happy with my Quad gear however, the Technics P999 (with MSB Link DAC and Full Nelson) CD player and the Tascam 122 MKIII cassette deck totally dominate them physically. I cannot fault the performance and balance between them but, sheeeesh!!!, I wish they were smaller...

Any recommendations?

Musical Fidelity did a range of smaller size equipment, I believe it was called the Xray cd player?

Not to much fits with anything Quad makes or has made, a couple of years ago I picked up a NAD C 516BEE cd player that plays very nicely with my 34/405-2. I still keep three sets of DIN/RCA connects on hand as my 34 preamp is all DIN connectors except for the DISC input which is RCA.

Just put the Quad gear on a different shelf, or separate with some object to break up the line between the Quad gear and others.

I do something like that with my McIntosh gear and my cassette deck and CD player. The mc gear is on a rack, and the other stuff is on a side table. It works.

Apologies for being slow responding, dealing with the emotional issues of USPS destroying a double boxed and blue insulation wrapped G-9000 and an SX-5580. $2000 of insurance on each which they wont honor it...devestated...Back soon...

Back
Top Bottom