1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

QUAD 405-2, 34 AND FM4 - WHAT CD AND CASSETTE DECKS TO MATCH?

Discussion in 'British Audio' started by r887661, Feb 6, 2018.

1. r887661

r887661 Active Member

Totally happy with my Quad gear however, the Technics P999 (with MSB Link DAC and Full Nelson) CD player and the Tascam 122 MKIII cassette deck totally dominate them physically. I cannot fault the performance and balance between them but, sheeeesh!!!, I wish they were smaller...

Any recommendations?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Dazaa

Dazaa Super Member

Musical Fidelity did a range of smaller size equipment, I believe it was called the Xray cd player?

3. Midwest Ear

Midwest Ear Member

Not to much fits with anything Quad makes or has made, a couple of years ago I picked up a NAD C 516BEE cd player that plays very nicely with my 34/405-2. I still keep three sets of DIN/RCA connects on hand as my 34 preamp is all DIN connectors except for the DISC input which is RCA.

4. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

A Quad 67 CD would be an OK match. For cassette decks I have no suggestions.

5. BilboBaggins

BilboBaggins AK Subscriber Subscriber

Just put the Quad gear on a different shelf, or separate with some object to break up the line between the Quad gear and others.

6. BilboBaggins

I do something like that with my McIntosh gear and my cassette deck and CD player. The mc gear is on a rack, and the other stuff is on a side table. It works.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. BilboBaggins

Here’s what mine looked like 3 weeks ago. This was the first picture I took with my new phone.

C394D377-32DD-400F-A111-7BEE9372FEE8.jpeg

8. r887661

r887661 Active Member

Apologies for being slow responding, dealing with the emotional issues of USPS destroying a double boxed and blue insulation wrapped G-9000 and an SX-5580. $2000 of insurance on each which they wont honor it...devestated...Back soon...