QUAD Speakers -- How to source?

Archguy

Official Roiurama Factory Rep
By which I mean, where can you buy them, or even listen to them? This new Z range is stunningly beautiful. The only place I've found in the USA is on the west coast (and his prices are sorta shocking). There's a dealer in Syracuse but he seems only to carry the S line.

It actually crossed my mind to buy them in the UK and ship them back myself (I have a [friend's] house where I can stay in London). The virtue of that method is that I'll be able to hear them first. (Also that I might be able to snare some second-hand.) Any knowledge or ideas? Anyone seen anything more beautiful?

index.php

Of course, the S line is pretty sharp too. But it led me to the Z line :cool:

Quad_S_2_Bookshelf_Speaker_Sapele_Mahogany_Angle_Right.jpg

If you buy them in the UK, remember that sales tax is included in the sticker price. You need to make sure you get that back. Many stores, particularly in London, are geared up for selling “Tax Free for tourists”.

UK sales tax (VAT) is around 20%.

Thanks, yeah I'm careful about VAT if the purchase is big enough to warrant it.

Meanwhile, aww crap, that Syracuse dealer (which appears to be in Augusta Ga now) was at Capital AudioFest and I missed them!

They also state:

We’ll fly you in
Make a single purchase over $10,000 and Tenacious Should will fly you in for a demo and training.

Two notes: One, yes that's their typo and Two, somehow I think that people dropping $10K on a single purchase won't be impressed by the offer of a (presumably coach) seat on an airplane :idea:

Just had a look at the exchange rate. At $1.33 to the £, it could be a good time to be buying in the UK.

Quad’s website should be able to give you a list of domestic dealers. Haven’t looked myself because their products are way above my pay grade.

I know. I need to sell a car first :eek: but the exchange rate is enticing.

You can get the Z-1 in the UK for barely more than the S-2 is going for in the USA. And...the Z-1 is small enough to ship in checked luggage. Although baggage handlers are somewhat notorious...

Just checked and I could fit one of them in my carry-on :cool:

FWIW I brought a speaker in my carry-on once and the TSA folks were not impressed; however, there's no rule against it.

Back
Top Bottom