Quality USB cable in long lengths.

ThomasD.

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Ok, let me start by stating I’m really fresh to all this digital cable stuff. Understand the Analog side of quality cabling much better. Have a pair of Klipsch ‘Sixes’ that I’d like to connect to my MacBook Pro. Distance is an issue. Need to use the laptop about 15’ away from the speakers. The Bluetooth sounds fine but want better. Any quality cables out there longer than 5 meters ?
And less than hundreds of $$$.
Thanks

BJC’s ? Great idea. Why didn’t I think of therm.?!? I use their RCA’s. And really like them. They’re affordable.

@ThomasD.

Looks like you could run a pair of RCA IC's into these speakers also. Have you tried from Macbook out to RCA in? Not sure what DAC is in the Sixes?

@ThomasD.

Looks like you could run a pair of RCA IC's into these speakers also. Have you tried from Macbook out to RCA in? Not sure what DAC is in the Sixes?

Actually been trying to find out more about the Sixes DAC. Wanting to bypass the MacBook DAC (2009) for better sound. Hoping the Klipsch DAC is superior, wanting to feed the digital directly to them.

If you are only using this just to play music you might want to try a simple volumio set up and take distance out of the equation. They are shockingly simple to set up, and it will most likely cost less than a high quality 15ft usb cable.

Ok, let me start by stating I’m really fresh to all this digital cable stuff. Understand the Analog side of quality cabling much better. Have a pair of Klipsch ‘Sixes’ that I’d like to connect to my MacBook Pro. Distance is an issue. Need to use the laptop about 15’ away from the speakers. The Bluetooth sounds fine but want better. Any quality cables out there longer than 5 meters ?
And less than hundreds of $$$.
Thanks
There are standards for USB, and as was written earlier, you need a powered hub or extender for lengths of 5m or more. Before that, why do you think that it matters what cable you use as long as it's standard compliant, which I would assume they all are. The USB protocol includes a field for syncing up the host and the receiver frames and the data is retimed at the receiver.
What benefit are you hoping to get from the "better" cable?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom