Question about CO2 cartridges and temperature.

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoor Adventure' started by philo426, Mar 20, 2018.

1. philo426

philo426 Super Member

I really like my new Umarex C96 but there is a problem.A lot of times I will put in a new cartridge and only get a 19 shot mag out if it before it will not cycle the bolt.The next day ut will work for awhile but cease to function again.I store the pistol and cylinders in my basement workshop that us about 55 degrees due to the cold weather that is hanging around much longer than normal.Should I store the cylinders upstairs where it is warmer?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. robgmn

robgmn Super Member

Storage is not the issue. The temp where you do your shooting ins the issue.
    Warmer ambient temp means higher velocities since the air in the cylinder expands as it gets warmed up.
    In your case, you lose pressure as the cartridge cools down.
    Pressure loss = lower velocity shots, and not enough to cycle the slide.

Any chance of a green gas conversion for that gun?

3. philo426

philo426 Super Member

Well I normally shoot break barrel spring,np and pump up pellet rifles and pistols.Never heard of "green gas"can you explain?

4. philo426

philo426 Super Member

Problem solved!Since I started storing the cylinders and magazine assembly upstairs where it is warmer,the pistol functions fine!

5. Ross6860

Ross6860 AK Subscriber Subscriber

"Green Gas" is an environmentally friendly propellant for Air Soft guns, not typically for pellet and BB pistols. It also has lube in it for blow-back action and full- auto airsofts.