Question about posting pics

Ah... Picture.php instead of album.php, thank you both very much.

picture.php

Edit: Yup, that works. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Ah... Picture.php instead of album.php, thank you both very much.

IMG]http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=466&pictureid=3636[/IMG

Edit: Yup, that works. Thanks again.

You're welcome. I look forward to seeing some pics now.

:)

I guess I don't get all this hover over the picture, right click, etc...

I just go to my photo album, click on the picture thumbnail I want to embed, it opens into another larger window, then copy the "BB Code" link beneath the picture and paste it in the thread.

picture.php

Photo test post..

I am trying to do the same thing. I have photos on Flickr and would like to post them on AK.

So here goes.

4574111333_e63615d327.jpg

Hope this works.
Thanks,
John.:music::D

I guess I don't get all this hover over the picture, right click, etc...

picture.php

If you're on a Windows machine, (and certainly if you're using Firefox as your browser), hit the right mouse button (if you have the left button set as your primary) when the cursor is on the picture. You'll see a list of option appear at the cursor, among them will be "view image".
Try it.
(or don't)
:)

I'm looking at these suggestions and could not get a photo to upload from my mac...even as an avatar....just gonna think about it for awhile.

The avatar has size restrictions (you'll find them at the bottom of the box where you need to enter a new one) and is the 'trickiest' one to upload.

Tell us where it goes wrong to get help on it ;)

Got it...but with Iphoto it seems easier to adjust the photo,copy it to the desktop, and thereby isolate it for when you want to upload...and I don't care if they are stamp sized or full size...after all the commercial components have trade descriptions...unless they are customized then the photos are good.

The simplest things: Iphoto would not save the size changes unless you rename it, it is basic but really who does photos on the computer all the time? Not me.

Last edited:
this is the kind of direction that really isn't that helpful...

when you upload the picture to "audiokarma" in the "UserDP" menu there will be a link [where?] to the picture in the "manage attachments" section [again, I have been there multiple times and did not see that menu item]. Right click on the link and copy the address to the clip board [where is the clip board, didn't see it come up]. Now in your post insert the url tags etc etc.

a prior poster said to "copy and post the BB link" which I did and it did nothing. Nada.

Respectfully, sirs, go to my profile and look at the system if you are that curious. And be happy.

where are the size restrictions on the posts in the messages? Bec I got my avatar to work by estimating.

Amount of photos in AK gallery?

When I first upload some photos they were large files. I downsized them to 600. I resize them now before I upload them, sure is faster.

The problem now is that I am running out of space, is that because I uploaded large files originally? (even thougth AK resized them ).

I have to delete photos to upload new ones. I only have 20 or 24 photos in my albums. I just bought a KA7100 and KX1030 from the original owner (he had the original boxes, packaging, owner manual and sales brochures plus to 2 copies of High Fidelity from 1978.

I was an amazing experience, this equipment was like new, even the boxes were mint. Here is a photo of the amp and deck (there was a spare 1030 deck also)
picture.php
:banana:

Here is another photo with another new collectable. It's an original Fantasia fiber optic lamp.

It was dirty, bent and no fiber bundle. I took it apart, cleaned it, removed the dent and polished up the chrome. It was made in the early seventies, I think it really blends nicely
picture.php
:smoke:with the Kenwoods. I have recently been enjoying Ginger and Vodka for the last cocktail of the night. Its very refreshing.

Use Photo Bucket and enter URls in AK posts, then it's only limited to the cap on free accounts on Photo Bucket - and they give you a lot of free space.

By the way Jack, what kind of camera are you using?

Thanks for the information on Photo Bucket. I am using a Sony DSC-H1 5 mega pixels. I bought it at the end of the model year in 2006.

It has a 2.5 lcd screen (I'm can't see anymore without reading glasses) and that you could put close up lenses, plus it looked like a "real camera".

I am still very happy with the camera, I am amazed at the detail when you blow up a photo on the computer. I need to find those lenses, this is my first digital camera, I have taken over 5000 photos.

I use a tripod which I bought 31 years ago, nothing fancy. Just led lights and some imagination. I was thinking about buying another on ebay. I work 2nd shift and get home at midnight.

I have a male sharpei (Mr. Moto) that was getting out of the yard, I needed to spend more time with him. So we entert
picture.php
ain each other, he just grabbed the dish towel.

He want to go for a walk, I will get Mr Glock and get ready. Thanks again for the information

Back
Top Bottom