Question for L-09M owner(s)

jerrycpor

I am wondering if the cooling fans should be running on low constantly, and go to high when hitting higher temps, or are they normally off, and go to on when the amps are running hard?

Much appreciated!
Jerry

They run on low any time the amps are on. I like to listen pretty loud, and I've never gotten the amps warm enough to kick the fans up to high speed. The tech who went thru the amps said they did ramp up while he was bench testing them, so they do work correctly. I guess if you were running a really difficult load really hard you migh get them to run at high speed.

Thanks Roadrash! Had one with the fan on continuously, and one not on, so wasn't sure which one to start with. Turned out to be a solder joint on the PS board.

Yes, yes they are, and will move some air pushing Klipsch RF7s!

Have you ever adjusted the Bias or DC offset? I ask because the SM does not show any TPs that I can see; it shows meter cables going "somewhere", depicted from the REAR of the board on my poor scan.

Can PM the SM to anybody that wants to have a looksee...

Yes, yes they are, and will move some air pushing Klipsch RF7s!

Have you ever adjusted the Bias or DC offset? I ask because the SM does not show any TPs that I can see; it shows meter cables going "somewhere", depicted from the REAR of the board on my poor scan.

Can PM the SM to anybody that wants to have a looksee...
I have not personally worked on these amps, all the adjustments were taken care of when I had them serviced and repaired.

Back
Top Bottom