Question for the DSOTM scholars...

Discussion in 'Music Forums' started by El Pee, Jan 11, 2019.

1. El Pee

El Pee AK Subscriber Subscriber

So, I've got a few copies of this... one is mid 70s American pressing on Harvest, another is early 80s on the Capitol Black/Rainbow label. (I also have the 2016 remaster, 180g, but I digress)

So, between the Harvest and Capitol, is there a compelling reason - other than sound and condition - to keep either one over the other? Is the Capitol more "interesting" because it is rarer on that label, or is the Harvest preferred because that's the "correct" label for that record?

(FWIW, they're both in decent shape, but the cover of the Harvest version is pretty beat)

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Delmarva

Delmarva Lunatic Member

Easy.
    You keep them all.

Space Ritual likes this.
  3. jbrainey

jbrainey AK Subscriber Subscriber

No 2003 30th Anniversary pressing? You're missing out.

4. jblnut

jblnut Don't Overthink It Subscriber

As much as I love my vinyl (and believe me I do), the SACD of this is very hard to top.

jblnut

5. Jeff449

Jeff449 AK Subscriber Subscriber

To answer your question, no. I have the same 2 records you mentioned, in the same condition you mentioned. The Harvest sounds better, but the Capitol looks nicer and has the posters and stickers. I'm keeping both.

6. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Addicted Member

The Harvest has the best shot at being top dog, but without matrix/stamper details it's all rather vague.
    You are aware this was pressed in high volume and pressed for years.... and mastered by many?.

Please register to disable this ad.