Subscriber
From the Review newspaper this week...

attachment.php

Attachments

• img052.jpg
    img052.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Three of them, but not "?" himself. They're actually from Saginaw; don't look for them outside of Michigan.

You may be mistaken. It is Q (?) on the flyer. He is frequent caller on the morning show on 96.1 FM radio show. The recently had a wedding where ? had a marriage of the minds with morning show cohost Blondie. to answer another poster, they had another local hit in the Flint Detroit and Windsor are titled, I Need Somebody (to Help Me out)

They were Mexicans who lived in Michigan, IIRC...96 Tears was what, 1966 or so ? Dah-Yum, nearly 50 years on now... Helluvit is, I remember that song..

They were Mexicans who lived in Michigan, IIRC...96 Tears was what, 1966 or so ? Dah-Yum, nearly 50 years on now... Helluvit is, I remember that song..

Everyone who was alive then remembers it. It's a true rock classic.

? is Rudy Martinez. He wrote the group's big hit, 96 Tears, which reached No. 1 in October 1966. They had one followup hit, I Need Somebody (No. 22) a few months later. There was a very unfortunate story back in early 2007 of Rudy's house in Vienna Township burning down, killing his dogs. Hope things are better for him now.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/1767989/posts

Back
Top Bottom