Outputs:
1 = Left to MC 2100
2 = Right to MC 2100
3 = Left to MC 2155
4 = Right to MC 2155

MC 2100 will feed the mids and highs in my Snell B speakers
MC 2155 will feed the woofers in my Snell B speakers

question 1:
Do I need to create a digital crossover point for the MC 2100/mids and highs in the Snells or am I just fine sending full signal and trusting the Snell passive crossovers?

Question 2:
If I am playing 80 Hz on down through a different amp and speakers, what is a good crossover point for the MC 2155/woofers in the Snells? Is it appropriate to chop off all signal from 80 Hz on down or is this something I should do through the digital PEQ?

These are just starting points, but I wanted to make sure I at least started off on the right foot. Thanks.

QUOTE="mkane, post: 12036135, member: 175043"]Your doing fine but I would remove all passive filters[/QUOTE]

I love the sound of my Snells, and I am not keen on altering the hi-pass point for the mids and highs. How would I find out what the original X-over point was so I can match it?

Your Snells are 3-way? And your miniDSP is splitting the signal into two parts: frequencies below 80Hz and those above 80Hz?

If that is the case, then you would need to retain the passive components that serve the mids and tweeters in your Snells.

Assuming your Snells are 3-way (I don't know that model), to be able to remove all passive crossover components would require 6 channels of amplification (3 stereo amps) and two (stereo) crossover points from DSP. I am not familiar with miniDSP to know whether it can do that.

EDIT1: If you ever do go to a full 3-way active system, one way that you could possibly determine the upper crossover point (mid-tweet) would be on the spec sheet or other advertising literature for you speakers.

EDIT2: you really need to determine both of the original crossover points, even if you just do the two-way (bi-amp) active system as described in your opening post. Why? Because your proposed crossover point of 80Hz is likely too low for the mid range drivers. 80Hz is a value typically chosen when crossing a sub to a woofer, not a woofer to a mid.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom