Question on Zune player/software

the skipper

Professional Curmudgeon
yeah, I 'm the guy that bought an 80 gig Zune

I had my Zune player plugged into my computer (not running the software, just charging) and the power went down. I didn't think anything of it.

Later, I ripped a new album to the Zune software and it went fine.

When I plugged in my player, it won't recognize it. I tried several times, exiting and restarting the software and even rebooting the 'puter.

Any ideas?

If not, any ideas on a suitable replacement and some sort of software that ill allow me to organize my 40 gig of music files?

thanks

Have you tried resetting the Zune?

As for software, well, there are loads of media managers. I use MediaMonkey and MusicBee. Both will sync to devices.

40GB? No problem; I have 2TB. Other MusicBee users report it handles more than one million tracks with no problem.

OK, how does one reset a Zune? Never mind, I'll google it and if I have a problem I'll get back to ya.

Thanks. I'll let you know how it works

[edit] OK. That worked. Thanks again You da man.

A 19 second video told me ll I needed to know. I can't believe how simple it was.

Here it is in case anybody is curious.

Last edited:
Glad to hear you got it going again. I hate it when things stop working like that. Reset is often the cure: good guess, really...

I have two zunes from the family members - great sound with simple (or expensive)
earphones/headphones. esp on a plane.

Back
Top Bottom