question regarding a vanished thread

Discussion in 'AK New Format' started by lini, May 26, 2017.

1. Smitty43

Smitty43 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I just hit ignore to the people that have no benefit to the threads, Sorry to hear you deleted a thread.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  2. nj pheonix

nj pheonix AK Subscriber Subscriber

I deleted one once.
    I was looking for opinions one particular commenter gave his. i thanked him. Then he went on and on and on......
    There was nothing to be gained at that point. If it were tv i'd have turned it off. Honestly if there were another angle, another thought, I would have let it go.
    If that offends anybody else's sense of bad form, all i can do is apologize. I thought it the right thing to do at the time.

3. luvvinvinyl

luvvinvinyl Nikki's gone to the Rainbow Bridge. Staff Member Admin Subscriber

Yes, if the first post in a thread is deleted, everything else goes with it. Likewise, if it is restored, everything comes back, unless an individual poster deletes his own reply. HTH

4. Pio1980

Pio1980 AK Member Subscriber

I've deleted a thread only once, when the one respondent with useful information salted it with an insult.

HarmanKardon likes this.
  5. drew_t

drew_t Well-Known Member

^ A thread in the Speakers forum that I posted in a couple of times this afternoon, and that I think Pio1980 had also posted in today or yesterday, is gone. The subject was something about asking for help with an Econowave crossover. It was a somewhat old thread that someone else had recently revived to ask for help. The posts I made are not shown in the Postings tab of my Member Profile page. Anybody know what happened?