quick hack for pic fault samsung lcd

petehall347

the brandy coffee man
had the bad pic fault on a 32 inch samsung lcd tv . points to t con board .
i opened service menu changed ddr to samsung . then flicked through screen size and found 23 inch put it almost right . restarted the set and hit menu and selected movie mode and set as i like it . still not quite right but watchable .

it could just be a loose (even if it looks normal) connection on the cable running from the tcon to the screen, or the cable running from the video board to the tcon. should you feel like investigating what you wanna look for on that cable is the side that has these little clamp things on the cable itself, that will usually be the side with the problem, whereas the side with the clamp down on the board itself is usually the one that is ok.

here is a video discussing what i mentioned, and a few more things you can check.

that fix didn't actually fix it very well .it also has another problem being the picture is washed out until it warms up for 10 minutes

also with this tv when its warmed up the menu screen looks fine but tv picture is solarized .i am wondering if the main board has a problem .

Back
Top Bottom