Quick price reference on Audio Research SP2

Thocom

Hi, I'm at an audio swap meet and looking at a Audio Research SP2 preamp that my buddy want to buy.
What's a good price on this, I can't find any history on it. He's asking $1400 and it's been here all day.
Any quick help is appreciated

I think SP2 is the wanted one and better one. Thus, 1400 could be fair. It is rare, so hard to say.

By the way, anything else good at the kutztown antique radio show? Assume that's the one you are talking about.

The SP-3 (-A) (-A1) are the desired ARC early tube preamps and they command 1500 to over 3000 depending. This SP-2 is an earlier model, much less seen but may well be something nice. I don't know its value but 1400 is probably an appropriate ask with negotiation room.

ARCDB.WS >preamplifiers>SP-2

So, he went down to $1100.. he's still on the fence..lol I told him he won't LOOSE any money.. but, it's a hard decision. He is currently using a Rogue preamp

Thanks for looking out for me. Still *might* have been a fair price @ $1100, but not what I'm looking for; something that could be upgraded would have been fine, but not something requiring fixing someone else's poor engineering/execution. Wonder if it sold at all.

Thanks for looking out for me. Still *might* have been a fair price @ $1100, but not what I'm looking for; something that could be upgraded would have been fine, but not something requiring fixing someone else's poor engineering/execution. Wonder if it sold at all.

Nope, I watched him pack it up while I was looking at the Pioneer 707's at the booth next to him at 5:00 PM..

Back
Top Bottom